William R. Watt

Oh, for a longitudinal butt you could edge glue the pieces with epoxy and
lift them carefully into place together to get a nice tight seam, then
fibreglass the inside. When I butt two pieces of plywood together with PL
Premuim and a plywood butt block, I first put a little epoxy all along the
edge before pushing the pieces together. It saturates the end grain to
keep water out and gives a better seal, at least that's my assumption.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Wayne.B

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:40:07 -0700, Lloyd Sumpter
wrote:

I don't think that would work in my case, but you gave me an idea: I could
do a simple join like a lap, bend the plywood into it's position, THEN
apply epoxy and tape! (As I said, this seam is longitudinal along the
curve) Can't see why that wouldn't work...

I think that's a better plan.