Thanks for all the great advice. I have completed to job apart from a
couple of areas still causing some grief. It turned out that the area I
was using as the test section, has some type of surface contamination.
I went over the whole hull again with 180 grit paper and the epoxy went
on fine apart from this one area, the trouble is you don't know until
you apply the resin. It looks like from the overall pattern that at
some stage something was spilt on that hull section. I have removed the
epoxy, re-sanded, cleaned, and re-sanded again, but I still get the
same result. It would be good to get some type of surface analyse done
to see what's impregnated the gelcoat ??????????