Steve

Default 12v wiper motor for auto pilot?

"bilgeworthy" wrote in message
because they can reverse direction with current. In any event I need

I'm not so sure that a wiper motor is reversible. Not all automotive DC
motors are and wiper operation (back and forth) is via gear and crank
action. (I've never tried to reverse one, just my opinion)

I think that a better choice would be a electric seat operator motor since
these are reversible and have a very low gear reduction already..

One thing you need to keep in mind is the magnetic field that you may find
in permanent magnet motors.

Or keep an eye on eBay. I sold a nice, working, Autohelm 3000 (older model)
wheel pilot for about $250.

My opinion and experience, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Using a Tiller Pilot FamilySailor ASA 22 September 8th 04 01:03 AM
Lady Pilot R.I.P. ????? Simple Simon ASA 0 November 21st 03 02:23 AM
Lady Pilot is neither! Charles P. Steinmetz ASA 58 November 3rd 03 12:01 AM
Finally - the truth about Lady Pilot Simple Simon ASA 53 September 26th 03 04:39 AM
Eastman's guide to exposing the 9-11 mass-murder frameup to justify world-domination to an otherwise isolationist American public Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 August 23rd 03 10:54 PM