posted to rec.boats.building
mmc mmc is offline

Default Harbor Freight insulation

Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

posted to rec.boats.building

"MMC" wrote in message
g.com...
Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

Would it absorb water? Styrofoam is excellent insulation and has very low
absorbtion. Foam rubber not so much.

posted to rec.boats.building
mmc mmc is offline

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"MMC" wrote in message
g.com...
Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

Would it absorb water? Styrofoam is excellent insulation and has very low
absorbtion. Foam rubber not so much.
======
Good point Bob. I think I'll buy one of the sets and if I can't use it on
the boat, use it in my shop (corner of garage).

Harbor Freight insulation? MMC General 5 February 19th 11 07:06 AM
Like a Freight Train, followup video.. Large!! JustWait General 2 September 2nd 09 06:26 PM
boat insulation MarshallE Boat Building 5 February 11th 07 07:38 AM
Dinghy freight klubko General 2 January 25th 06 03:00 AM
Night vision scope - I bought the $99 Harbor Freight unit Wally Cruising 1 July 23rd 04 09:44 PM