BoatBanter.com

-   -   Harbor Freight insulation (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/124720-harbor-freight-insulation.html)

mmc February 18th 11 12:02 AM

Harbor Freight insulation

Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

Bob La Londe[_3_] February 20th 11 06:49 PM

Harbor Freight insulation

"MMC" wrote in message
g.com...
Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

Would it absorb water? Styrofoam is excellent insulation and has very low
absorbtion. Foam rubber not so much.

mmc February 21st 11 02:24 PM

Harbor Freight insulation

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"MMC" wrote in message
g.com...
Was over at HF today and saw a stack of "anti-fatigue mats", pretty
reasonable at 9 bucks for 4 sections 25" x 25" each. Wonder how this would
do for insulation? Ice box, sound, hull, etc.

Would it absorb water? Styrofoam is excellent insulation and has very low
absorbtion. Foam rubber not so much.
======
Good point Bob. I think I'll buy one of the sets and if I can't use it on
the boat, use it in my shop (corner of garage).