Junior Member

Default laminate knee techniques please!

hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a method or website to create laminate knees, I have some mahogany as the back bit of the knee then i have alternate mahogany, ash laminate strips,
do i need to steam the laminate strips to form the required shape or can i clamp the laminate strips to the mahogany backing piece cover it in epoxy and let it set in that position?

Many thanks
jamie
posted to rec.boats.building

In article , JAMIE.zephyr.8486804
@boatbanter.com says...

hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a method or
website to create laminate knees, I have some mahogany as the back bit
of the knee then i have alternate mahogany, ash laminate strips,
do i need to steam the laminate strips to form the required shape or can
i clamp the laminate strips to the mahogany backing piece cover it in
epoxy and let it set in that position?

Many thanks
jamie

I think it would help if we knew how big the knees were to be, how small
of a radius you will be bending to, and how thick the strips are. Do you
have a steamer you can use without much trouble?

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!

Restless knee syndrome Frogwatch[_2_] General 49 June 3rd 10 11:23 PM
Laminate Sails thudbranch Cruising 3 June 23rd 08 12:04 AM
Knee replacement ruby General 0 May 1st 07 07:57 AM
Knee slappers! Diane Linkletter ASA 0 February 11th 07 01:56 AM
Laminate mer Boat Building 1 December 13th 06 02:26 PM