posted to rec.boats.building

Default Sewage Lines

Update on boat refurbishing:

Couldn't find "liquid nail" in an exterior grade but did find another
manufacturer with a waterproof version of the same sort of stuff. We
installed the ceiling in the forward compartment using it. Hopefully
it will be satisfactory.

I'm into the "ablution" installation phase and currently contemplating
the installation of an electric flush toilet. The base of the toilet
fixture is located approximately 8 to 10 inches above the water line
and there is no necessity for an anti siphon loop in either the inlet
or waste lines. I have been considering installing PVC pipes for both
inlet and waste lines from the toilet fixture to the seacocks with
connection on each end being made with short sections of hose and
clamps.

Given that the cause of most "head Crashes" is the buildup of
deposits, which apparently are mainly caused by urine standing in the
lines, and I suspect that with no loop this will not occur in this
installation is my plastic piped system likely to be satisfactory?

Anyone with experience with a toilet straight out of the boat?

(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
[...]

Bruce,

A moments pause here?

Is that 8 to 10 inches above the waterline - heeled?
posted to rec.boats.building

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:17:39 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
[...]

Errrr.... it's a powerboat.

Hopefully it won't get heeled very much :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
posted to rec.boats.building

....(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Now that most of us are cognizant of our environmental impact and
responsibilities, shouldn't you install a holding tank anyway?

MW
Los Angeles
posted to rec.boats.building

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:23:46 -0700 (PDT), Mike Worrall
wrote:

...(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Now that most of us are cognizant of our environmental impact and
responsibilities, shouldn't you install a holding tank anyway?

MW
Los Angeles

Why?

If I understand correctly, US regs allow the dumping of raw sewage 3
miles out to sea. If this is true what is the environmental impact of
my not having a holding tank?

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

posted to rec.boats.building

On Oct 20, 6:24*am, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

If you consider the effect of 60,000 whales dumping in the sea, what
is a few thousand boats going to do......not much. This is one of
those times when the greenies have gone way overboard. Dumping in a
marina where there is little circulation doesnt make sense and dumping
in a freshwater lake that is used for human consumption doesnt make
sense, but anywhere else the impact is minimal to non existent.
posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

...(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Now that most of us are cognizant of our environmental impact and
responsibilities, shouldn't you install a holding tank anyway?

MW
Los Angeles

Why?

If I understand correctly, US regs allow the dumping of raw sewage 3
miles out to sea. If this is true what is the environmental impact of
my not having a holding tank?

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Take it 3 miles out and dump it.
posted to rec.boats.building
mmc mmc is offline

wrote:

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

If you consider the effect of 60,000 whales dumping in the sea, what
is a few thousand boats going to do......not much. This is one of
those times when the greenies have gone way overboard. Dumping in a
marina where there is little circulation doesnt make sense and dumping
in a freshwater lake that is used for human consumption doesnt make
sense, but anywhere else the impact is minimal to non existent.

______________
Really big diapers?

wrote:

...(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Now that most of us are cognizant of our environmental impact and
responsibilities, shouldn't you install a holding tank anyway?

MW
Los Angeles

Why?

If I understand correctly, US regs allow the dumping of raw sewage 3
miles out to sea. If this is true what is the environmental impact of
my not having a holding tank?

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Victoria, BC is still dumping 38 million gallons per day of raw
sewage in the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Doesn't seem to hurt a thing.
Gordon

wrote:

...(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Now that most of us are cognizant of our environmental impact and
responsibilities, shouldn't you install a holding tank anyway?

MW
Los Angeles

Why?

If I understand correctly, US regs allow the dumping of raw sewage 3
miles out to sea. If this is true what is the environmental impact of
my not having a holding tank?

And if I did install one what do you think I should do with the tank
after it is full?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Take it 3 miles out and dump it.

I suggest that you are unfamiliar with the conditions in this area.

My anchorage is located in a channel between Phuket Island and the
Mainland. the tides run at approximately 3 knots during the height of
the flow. The entire channel is swept (normally) twice daily, into the
Indian Ocean to the West and Phang Nga Bay toward the East. On both
the coast of Phuket and Phang Nga are villages, all of which have
runoff from shrimp farms, sewage systems, fertilizer and miscellaneous
fish processing plants, etc., it seems far fetched to suggest that I
and my wife are adding significantly to any existing contamination.

Further, I might add that the marina has a much higher fish
concentration that other parts of the channel - makes you wonder what
fish eat?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Sewage Lines Scale Build-up Bill Watson Cruising 25 March 31st 08 04:54 AM
Sewage pump out statistic Roger Long Cruising 12 July 4th 06 02:55 AM
Sailing in Sewage! Bob Crantz ASA 1 October 31st 05 09:18 PM
boat sewage systems Paul General 3 May 27th 05 09:41 PM