posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Sewage Lines

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
Update on boat refurbishing:

Couldn't find "liquid nail" in an exterior grade but did find another
manufacturer with a waterproof version of the same sort of stuff. We
installed the ceiling in the forward compartment using it. Hopefully
it will be satisfactory.

I'm into the "ablution" installation phase and currently contemplating
the installation of an electric flush toilet. The base of the toilet
fixture is located approximately 8 to 10 inches above the water line
and there is no necessity for an anti siphon loop in either the inlet
or waste lines. I have been considering installing PVC pipes for both
inlet and waste lines from the toilet fixture to the seacocks with
connection on each end being made with short sections of hose and
clamps.

Given that the cause of most "head Crashes" is the buildup of
deposits, which apparently are mainly caused by urine standing in the
lines, and I suspect that with no loop this will not occur in this
installation is my plastic piped system likely to be satisfactory?

Anyone with experience with a toilet straight out of the boat?

(No requirement for a holding tank over here).

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce,

A moments pause here?

Is that 8 to 10 inches above the waterline - heeled?