Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Liquid Nails

Has anyone tried this construction adhesive - liquid nails, I believe
is one brand, for installing the ceiling inside a boat?

Generally the ceiling is just 1/8" or 1/4" plywood with some sort of
decorative covering that is used for a liner inside the boat. Covers
imperfections in the hull, screws, wiring and all the other stuff you
don't want to look at. On some boats it is simply shoved in behind
molding or put on with screws directly into the fiberglass.

I am considering gluing the ceiling in with something and came across
this stuff in the hardware shop, apparently used to install some sorts
of paneling in houses.

Any comments, pro or con?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Ts_18_Linden. Her building required 1,000 pine trees, 50,000 ship nails, 1,000 litres of tar, 110,000 pounds of ballast, and 40,000 manhours._Thad Koza_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 August 14th 09 02:19 AM
Gene Robinson nails it. Boater General 8 November 25th 08 02:17 PM
SST Nails MarshallE Boat Building 0 April 8th 07 09:37 PM
Would kayaking be making my nails grow faster? RockyRoad General 3 October 14th 03 12:58 PM
Liquid Logic pop Paddler General 0 August 27th 03 05:55 PM