posted to rec.boats.building

Default RIP Phill Bolger

Duckworks posted a link to the report of Phil's Bolger's suicide.
Eighty-one years old and no thought of retiring, just disappoointment
that his faculties were delining.
http://www.duckworksmagazine.com
posted to rec.boats.building

And no one has commented on this post???

Phil Bolger once said about his Gloucester Light Gull dory, that if nothing
else did that design would get him into heaven.

Hope he made it.

A supremely practical man. He designed his boats the way he thought they
ought to be, in order to discharge their requirements most efficiently, with
little regard for other people's notions of aesthetics. He took the same
approach to the problems he was facing at the end of the lucid part of his
life.

But I couldn't have done it myself without saying goodbye to my partner.

Tom Dacon

"Wm Watt" wrote in message

Duckworks posted a link to the report of Phil's Bolger's suicide.
Eighty-one years old and no thought of retiring, just disappoointment
that his faculties were delining.
http://www.duckworksmagazine.com

I did some business with him a few months back. A pleasure to do
business with. A real gentleman. RIP
posted to rec.boats.building

On Fri, 29 May 2009 13:07:53 -0700 (PDT), Wm Watt
wrote:

Duckworks posted a link to the report of Phil's Bolger's suicide.
Eighty-one years old and no thought of retiring, just disappoointment
that his faculties were delining.
http://www.duckworksmagazine.com

A real gentleman, indeed.
Tenty years ago, he tutored/mentored,
talked with me, a fresh from the potato patch novice.

Bolger's gentle kindness..........

His choice, Peace and Joy to him.

Bligh

Phil Bolger - Departed Vic Smith General 21 May 29th 09 06:19 PM
Bolger Boat For Rob! Bob Crantz ASA 3 January 18th 06 04:03 PM
Phil Bolger William R. Watt Boat Building 5 September 15th 05 06:32 AM
Bolger Diablo BeefaloeB Boat Building 14 December 15th 03 07:16 PM
Bolger boat name Greg Boat Building 2 August 20th 03 02:06 AM