posted to rec.boats.building
Tom Dacon[_4_] Tom Dacon[_4_] is offline

Default RIP Phill Bolger

And no one has commented on this post???

Phil Bolger once said about his Gloucester Light Gull dory, that if nothing
else did that design would get him into heaven.

Hope he made it.

A supremely practical man. He designed his boats the way he thought they
ought to be, in order to discharge their requirements most efficiently, with
little regard for other people's notions of aesthetics. He took the same
approach to the problems he was facing at the end of the lucid part of his
life.

But I couldn't have done it myself without saying goodbye to my partner.

Tom Dacon

"Wm Watt" wrote in message
Duckworks posted a link to the report of Phil's Bolger's suicide.
Eighty-one years old and no thought of retiring, just disappoointment
that his faculties were delining.
http://www.duckworksmagazine.com