posted to rec.boats.building

Default Nutshell pram. thoughts

I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison and
sail it.

Cheers

Two meter troll wrote:

On Dec 15, 8:20 pm, "test" wrote:

I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison and
sail it.

Cheers

nope no thoughts.

It's a cute little thing.

But I don't know how it would build...

posted to rec.boats.building

Test,

Two of these have been assembled in my shop. I still have the station
forms if you are near to SE Michigan.

Both sailed well when completed and one severed as the owners tender for
a number of years. It does row tow and sail effectively.

It is very hard to camouflage the required screw holes if you choose to
keep it as a bright finish.

Do you plan to buy the kit or just the plans? Buy the plans first in
any case (They will credit you that cost if you later decide to buy the
kit.)

Matt Colie www.southpointechandler.com

test wrote:
I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison and
sail it.

Cheers

posted to rec.boats.building

Thanks Matt,
Sorry about the "test" I will change that..

I was hoping to find ( borrow) the forms as you have offered and scratch
build using the plans. The kit may be a better way to go, time and searching
for material but I enjoy the assembly as much as the finished product. Plus
all the cash up front is hard to get past the finance committee. I have
built a small one sheet skiff with my boys and that was a lot of fun.
http://boatweb.fellowshipalliancechurch.com/album/

I am in Central West Florida... So unless you are driving down for the
winter I am out of luck. I do appreciate the offer.

How was the boat to build over all? Is it fairly straight forward just watch
your measurements, be sure its fair and true and test fit before mixing
anything or making holes. Right..

Charlie B

test wrote:
I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison
and sail it.

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Florida Get ahold of old Mac McCarthy http://www.feathercanoes.com/
down your way. he's about the best stripper i know of and i'll bet he
has a few leads on almost any type of mold you need. nice a guy as you
can get in boat building.

test wrote:

I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison
and sail it.

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Florida Get ahold of old Mac McCarthy http://www.feathercanoes.com/
down your way. he's about the best stripper i know of and i'll bet he
has a few leads on almost any type of mold you need. nice a guy as you
can get in boat building.

But isn't the Nutshell a _plywood_ pram?
I wouldn't think the forms amount to much for that one.

Richard

posted to rec.boats.building

"Richard" wrote in message
m...

test wrote:

I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison
and sail it.

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Florida Get ahold of old Mac McCarthy http://www.feathercanoes.com/
down your way. he's about the best stripper i know of and i'll bet he
has a few leads on almost any type of mold you need. nice a guy as you
can get in boat building.

But isn't the Nutshell a _plywood_ pram?
I wouldn't think the forms amount to much for that one.

Richard

Richard,
It is a plywood boat, and I'm sure the forms are easy enough to make. I
wanted to save a step.

Charlie B

posted to rec.boats.building

Charlie B wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message
m...

test wrote:

I am thinking of building teh nutshell pram offered by woodenboats.com
Anyone had any contact with this boat? I plan to do the 9 foot verison
and sail it.

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Florida Get ahold of old Mac McCarthy http://www.feathercanoes.com/
down your way. he's about the best stripper i know of and i'll bet he
has a few leads on almost any type of mold you need. nice a guy as you
can get in boat building.

But isn't the Nutshell a _plywood_ pram?
I wouldn't think the forms amount to much for that one.

Richard

Richard,
It is a plywood boat, and I'm sure the forms are easy enough to make. I
wanted to save a step.

Charlie B

yeah, right...

http://www.geocities.com/bfinch_2000/construction.htm

Nutshell pram and Shellback dinky at Wooden Boat cavelamb himself[_4_] Cruising 0 March 1st 08 05:32 PM
Question about a Pram Boots Crofoot Boat Building 4 October 17th 06 06:00 PM
my lapstrake pram chayco Boat Building 8 January 7th 06 06:41 PM
Nutshell Pram questions Twilk Boat Building 4 February 22nd 05 01:36 PM
Nutshell pram help needed Twilk General 0 February 17th 05 04:17 PM