posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Yachtmaster Ocean

In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards

I think it's an outstanding achievement. I know someone else who attained
this cert, and he's quite an impressive sailor. I know it's fairly
expensive, but I've been considering it. There's actually a local company,
Modern Sailing, that is certified for this instruction. They're a top-notch
school in my opinion.

Perhaps you can give us some of the details of the requirements? Would love
to see pics also!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards

What about Salcombe, Newton Ferrers, Fowey, Falmouth Harbour and the Helford
river?
Lots of lovely harbours on the south coast apart from the Solent.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:00:47 -0700 (PDT), Bart
wrote:

In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards

I have indeed sailed the Solent....when it was slightly less crowded,
and agree wholeheartedly with all points.
If only they could do something about the food and the weather :-)

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards

I have indeed sailed the Solent....when it was slightly less crowded,
and agree wholeheartedly with all points.
If only they could do something about the food and the weather :-)

That's why some of us are so keen on sailing to France.

The weather is a bit better. The food is undescribable.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
[...]

Can you get freedom fries? Otherwise, I'm not interested!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 24, 10:22*pm, OzOne wrote:

I have indeed sailed the Solent....when it was slightly less crowded,
and agree wholeheartedly with all points.
If only they could do something about the food and the weather :-)

I was fortunate with the weather. The food
Is life threatening!

I enjoyed the "finding unlit buoys in the dark
part--I nailed that one. The key is to use back
bearings and pick easy to see ones, and have
several cross bears that are easy to pick out.
There were lots of tricky stuff in the exam like
an off-station buoy and a harbor approach with
a sector light out. I glad I had tons of night
sailing experience because that was the bulk
of the exam.

I have to go. More later.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
[...]

Thank for the sail andvintroduction to the
Solent Donal. I want to do a channel crossing
with you sometime.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Bart,

You're retired, have a good pension, no wife, no kids no real ties to
anywhere. Sometime is now. Go cross that channel, do all the things you ever
dreamed of. You are not getting any younger, let go of the baggage of the
past and go for it.

Best wishes,

Charles

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
[...]

Freedom Fries are widely available "free of charge" in France.

To get them, you only have to agree that GWB is not a
complete moron.

Although this very special offer has been available for 11
months, it seems that nobody has yet claimed their
free portion of Freedom Fries.

Donal

Supporter website PUMA Racing Team | Puma Ocean Racing | Volvo Ocean Race 2008-2009 Ferdy A. Rozenberg ASA 1 October 13th 07 03:38 AM
Ocean PC Comcast Newsgroups Cruising 7 November 28th 05 07:01 PM
ocean sailing [email protected] Cruising 1 September 12th 05 10:44 PM
Alone in the ocean [email protected] General 2 May 19th 05 07:21 PM
yachtmaster Bede17 General 2 September 10th 04 08:13 PM