posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Seamanship Question# #40

OzOne wrote:

He may mean a smoke hood.http://www.smokehoods.com/products/scu_main.aspx

I know a number of people who fly regularly and who stay in hotels,
mostly in Asia.
They have these at hand to offer at least an opportunity to escape the
all too often fires

, Bart wrote:
Very interesting. *I've seen these on Air Force jets.

For a long time, I carried one in my car... partly a safety
precaution, partly because I had an inventory of a dozen or so and had
them recertified & redistributed every 6 months and I just seemed to
not be all that organized.

Better to have it and not need it, than to etc etc...

I like the idea of carrying one (or two) to strange hotels.
Thanks Oz!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:35:26 -0700 (PDT), Bart
wrote:

On Oct 15, 3:05*pm, "Charles Momsen" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

What safety gear would you have near a propane
stove in the galley?

1 pt

1. Master shut off valve for propane.
2. Fire hood.
3. Cover for stove.
4. CO detector.
5. Vent fan.
6. Fire extinguisher located near exit.
7. Heavy duty oven mitts or M-60 barrel changing mitts.
8. Halon or purple K in a can/small bucket/bottle.
9. Propane leak detector.

One thing I noticed on boats in the UK. A flame retardant
blanket--to one side of a stove. Good for putting out a
grease fire.

Here in Oz, Fire Blankets are required by many insurance companies.

And I thought you had me killfiled?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:34:12 -0700 (PDT), Bart
wrote:

Very interesting. I've seen these on Air Force jets.

We carry a couple in the planes when ferrying...ours will supply 60
mins of air...might just get you down in a cockpit full of smoke....or
at least let you see what you're gonna hit

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

, Bart wrote:
Very interesting. *I've seen these on Air Force jets.

For a long time, I carried one in my car... partly a safety
precaution, partly because I had an inventory of a dozen or so and had
them recertified & redistributed every 6 months and I just seemed to
not be all that organized.

Better to have it and not need it, than to etc etc...

I like the idea of carrying one (or two) to strange hotels.
Thanks Oz!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Hope you never need it!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:11:52 -0500, Frank Boettcher
wrote this crap:
m...

7. ..... or M-60 barrel changing mitts.

If you'd used the proper clyclic rate of fire, you would't need those
mitts.

You are so wrong.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Seamanship Question #38 Bart ASA 7 May 7th 07 06:19 PM
Seamanship Question #25 Bart Senior ASA 14 January 14th 06 01:26 AM
Seamanship Question #28 Bart Senior ASA 5 December 4th 05 03:23 PM
Seamanship Question #14 Bart Senior ASA 30 September 14th 04 10:28 AM
Seamanship Question 2 pts plus bonus question. Bart Senior ASA 12 November 3rd 03 05:27 PM