posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default justify any of this

I'm sure most people will just come up with a similar list of repub.
attrocities, but how can liberals defend these things. A lot of libs may
not agree with these parts of the dem. platform, but support their party
with blinders on.

1. Abortion- I, as a conservative don't believe all abortions should be
illegal, but the dem platform will not even allow the stopping of partial
birth abortions or the allowing of an infant that survives an abortion to
live.
And as a side note: while killing off innocent children, they are the
strongest opponents of the death penalty, letting some of the scum of this
earth live.

2.Religion- let the word God, or a bible even be mentioned in school and
there is an uproar. But, we teach our children about the muslim and other
religions in school.

3. Education- run by the liberals. We spend far more money per student
than any other country yet are falling far behind most industrialized
countries in what the schools turn out. Liberals have convinced us it is
more important to teach our kids how to put a condom on a cucumber, and to
understand why Johnny has 2 daddies than it is to teach the 3 r's.Dumb us
down. Instead of striving to be good, we now look for the lowest common
denominater, so people who aren't quite as smart don't have their feelings
hurt. The liberal answer is typical-throw more money at the problem.

4. Health care- It's in trouble, and the gov't needs to help but not
control it. They mess up everything they do control with innefficiency.
But the libs give FREE healthcare even to illegal aliens while letting the
cost of healthcare bankrupt hard working Americans. Along with healthcare,
the libs give in-state tuition rates to illegals while charging full rates
to american citizens because they live out of state.And these same
illegals are given free primary education at additional expense as we have
to hire spanish speaking teachers just for them.

5.Taxes- Dem's will vote for higher taxes close to 90% of the time, while
repub's will vote for lower taxes. One of the oldest sayings is a dem
never saw a tax he didn't like.

6.Jobs- the dem's will complain about the repub's-the job creators in this
country- sending jobs overseas. The reason this happens is the democratic
legislations that overtax and overregulate the companies. That along with
the always liberal unions that price our products out of site with their
wage and benefit demands. Companies are forced overseas by the very people
who complain that they go there.

7.Opportunity vs. results- The American dream is still alive. The problem
is that the repub's dream of equal opportunity, while the dem's don't just
dream of equal opportunity, they insist on equal results regardless of the
effort.

could go on and on and on. Just would like to see these posts defended.
Criticise the repub's if you want also, but at least respond to what is
written here-if you can.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

No need to justify any of it, since it's mostly distortions of the truth.

McPalin claims that Obama supports unrestricted abortions. This is false.

Teaching about different religions, including Cristianity, in public schools
isn't the issue, and claiming it is is a distortion. Teaching religion in a
public school is a completely different thing.

"No Child Left Behind was Bush's creation and it was generally supported by
most people. The only problem was, he refused to fund it. Thus, blaming the
Democrats is false and misleading.

Preventing someone from getting regular healthcare because they illegal is
stupid. They just come to the ER when they're really, really sick, which
ends up costing taxpayers even more. Healthcare for all should be a right,
not a priviledge for the rich. We have near 50 million uninsured (not
counting those who are underinsured), with huge increases in that number in
recent years under Bush.

Tuition for out-of-state students is a States issue not a Fed issue. Leaving
kids on the streets instead of letting them attend school is dumb.

McCain would continue to fund rich people and big corporations just like
Bush did, and McCain said as much on many occasions. Obama says that anyone
making less than $250K/year will pay no additional taxes.

The US economy has almost always done better under a Democrat President than
under a Republican President. Thems da facts. McCain, just like Bush, states
that he'll cut domestic programs to save money. He doesn't care which ones.
This is the classic and often stated goal of the Neocons... remove safenet
programs by bankrupting the gov't. They're well on the road to doing just
that.

We're spending $10B a month in Iraq, a place that has an $80B surplus. If we
spent just a fraction of what we spent on a war of choice, we could have
fixed all of our roads, bridges, schools, and had money left over.

McCain never learned the lesson he was taught during the Keating
investigation. He exercised poor judgement then, and he's exercising poor
judgement now. He put politics ahead of country by picking Palin, someone
wholly unprepared to be President. He met her twice before he made his
decision. Obama spent months making his decision, and instead of making the
easy choice of Clinton, he chose Biden, even though he risked alienating 18M
voters. McCain contually claims he's the "maverick," but in reality he's
just irritable and pugnatious. He's irratic and angry, and it has little to
do with his age. (God forbid anyone mention he might be too fricken old and
might not survive his term in office, one of the most high-pressure jobs
there is.) He never got over his experience as a POW, and can't even stand
it when people get physically close to him.

McCain supposedly "suspended" his campaign to "go back to Washington" to fix
the economy. He didn't suspend his campaign for one second, and he screwed
the pooch when he went back to DC. Both sides begged him not to come, but he
did anyway.

McCain said, finally, that Obama is an honorable, family man, and that one
shouldn't be afraid of him if he became President. Yet, his ad attack lies
continue, and Palin's attack lies continue. He says at the end of ads that
he "approved" of the messages. So, which is it?

If you believe that McCain/Palin is the best team to be in the White House,
vote for them. But, don't try to pass off your lying crap under the guise
of open-mindedness.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Absolutely, now present your distortions.

McPalin claims that Obama supports unrestricted abortions. This is false.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

Teaching about different religions, including Cristianity, in public
schools isn't the issue, and claiming it is is a distortion. Teaching
religion in a public school is a completely different thing.

Teaching religion in a public school is ok. Where is it outlawed? The
Constitution says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances. "

If a public school wanted to teach religion, Congress can't stop it.

"No Child Left Behind was Bush's creation and it was generally supported
by most people. The only problem was, he refused to fund it. Thus, blaming
the Democrats is false and misleading.

Yes, and "No child left behind" is the sole reason education is poor in this
country. Before Bush we had a nation of educated genuises.

Preventing someone from getting regular healthcare because they illegal is
stupid. They just come to the ER when they're really, really sick, which
ends up costing taxpayers even more. Healthcare for all should be a right,
not a priviledge for the rich. We have near 50 million uninsured (not
counting those who are underinsured), with huge increases in that number
in recent years under Bush.

Who is preventing them? If they have money or insurance they can pay like
every one else and then get deported because they broke the law.

Healthcare is not a right, it is a personal responsibility. If more people
took care of themselves we wouldn't have such a big health care problem. 50%
of health problems are lifestyle related.

Tuition for out-of-state students is a States issue not a Fed issue.
Leaving kids on the streets instead of letting them attend school is dumb.

"Letting them attend school" hahahaha! what planet are you on?

McCain would continue to fund rich people and big corporations just like
Bush did, and McCain said as much on many occasions. Obama says that
anyone making less than $250K/year will pay no additional taxes.

Obama is a liar. The democrats coughed up $800 billion pronto for some
mighty big corporations and rich people. Matter of fact, the richest people
in Congress are democrats.

The US economy has almost always done better under a Democrat President
than under a Republican President. Thems da facts. McCain, just like Bush,
states that he'll cut domestic programs to save money. He doesn't care
which ones.

World Wars = Democrat president. Of course McCain doesn't care which ones
he'll cut - 50% off military spending and 25% off farm subsidies to
agribusiness, you're lying.

This is the classic and often stated goal of the Neocons... remove safenet
programs by bankrupting the gov't. They're well on the road to doing just
that.

Absolute truth!

We're spending $10B a month in Iraq, a place that has an $80B surplus. If
we spent just a fraction of what we spent on a war of choice, we could
have fixed all of our roads, bridges, schools, and had money left over.

The dems in Congress are now spending $1,000B a month just to bail out rich
folks and big corporations.

McCain never learned the lesson he was taught during the Keating
investigation. He exercised poor judgement then, and he's exercising poor
judgement now.

Wasn't the lesson "not guilty"?

He put politics ahead of country by picking Palin, someone
wholly unprepared to be President. He met her twice before he made his
decision. Obama spent months making his decision, and instead of making
the easy choice of Clinton, he chose Biden, even though he risked
alienating 18M voters. McCain contually claims he's the "maverick," but in
reality he's just irritable and pugnatious. He's irratic and angry, and it
has little to do with his age. (God forbid anyone mention he might be too
fricken old and might not survive his term in office, one of the most
high-pressure jobs there is.) He never got over his experience as a POW,
and can't even stand it when people get physically close to him.

But yet you dared to call him an honorable man, now you say this and all
this you knew before he picked Palin.

McCain supposedly "suspended" his campaign to "go back to Washington" to
fix the economy. He didn't suspend his campaign for one second, and he
screwed the pooch when he went back to DC. Both sides begged him not to
come, but he did anyway.

Yet the fix for the economy originated in the Senate, a highly unusual
practice, because the Dem controlled House couldn't do much.

McCain said, finally, that Obama is an honorable, family man, and that one
shouldn't be afraid of him if he became President. Yet, his ad attack lies
continue, and Palin's attack lies continue. He says at the end of ads that
he "approved" of the messages. So, which is it?

As you have repeatedly said, "McCain is a liar"

If you believe that McCain/Palin is the best team to be in the White
House, vote for them.

But, don't try to pass off your lying crap under the guise of
open-mindedness.

Great punch line!!!

How about a follow up where you tell us how open minded, honest and tolerant
you are?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:19:03 -0700, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

1. The point is he supports partial birth abortion--killing a baby when
only a small portion of it's head remains in the woman's body. He also
supports taking a baby that has survived an abortion and putting it to
the side and letting it die!!!

Teaching about different religions, including Cristianity, in public
schools isn't the issue, and claiming it is is a distortion. Teaching
religion in a public school is a completely different thing.

2. I did not advocate teaching religion in public schools. What I
said was the liberals will suspend a student for bringing a bible into
school. And don't forget that at the same time they will allow a muslim
to kneel and pray in that same school.

"No Child Left Behind was Bush's creation and it was generally supported
by most people. The only problem was, he refused to fund it. Thus,
blaming the Democrats is false and misleading.

3. We allready throw more money per student into a failing system than
any other country. Typical lib--throw more money at the problem but never
really try to fix it.

Preventing someone from getting regular healthcare because they illegal
is stupid. They just come to the ER when they're really, really sick,
which ends up costing taxpayers even more. Healthcare for all should be
a right, not a priviledge for the rich. We have near 50 million
uninsured (not counting those who are underinsured), with huge increases
in that number in recent years under Bush.

4.Americans don't get free health care. Illegals do. And you just

justified it. Again, a typical liberal.

Tuition for out-of-state students is a States issue not a Fed issue.
Leaving kids on the streets instead of letting them attend school is
dumb.

5. Never said it was a federal issue. It's the libs. They want to give
low cost education to the illegals while charging the U.S. citizens the
higher rate. Doesn't matter if it's a local or national issue, the libs
are wrong.

McCain would continue to fund rich people and big corporations just like
Bush did, and McCain said as much on many occasions. Obama says that
anyone making less than $250K/year will pay no additional taxes.

6. When was the last time a person being supported by the gov't
created a job? It's the big companies and small companies in this country
that create jobs. Approximately 40% of taxpayers pay no federal income
tax now. And Obama is going to give 95%of taxpayers a tax break. That
means the 40% not paying will have to get a check from those of us
working to get a furthe break.

The US economy has almost always done better under a Democrat President
than under a Republican President. Thems da facts. McCain, just like
Bush, states that he'll cut domestic programs to save money. He doesn't
care which ones. This is the classic and often stated goal of the
Neocons... remove safenet programs by bankrupting the gov't. They're
well on the road to doing just that.

7. as stated above, 40% are already getting gov't services without
paying federal taxes. Some people in this country need to actually work
for a living and not get handed everything by the gov't.

We're spending $10B a month in Iraq, a place that has an $80B surplus.
If we spent just a fraction of what we spent on a war of choice, we
could have fixed all of our roads, bridges, schools, and had money left
over

8. spending that money protecting your and my right to have this
discussion don't forget.

McCain never learned the lesson he was taught during the Keating
investigation. He exercised poor judgement then, and he's exercising
poor judgement now. He put politics ahead of country by picking Palin,
someone wholly unprepared to be President. He met her twice before he
made his decision. Obama spent months making his decision, and instead
of making the easy choice of Clinton, he chose Biden, even though he
risked alienating 18M voters. McCain contually claims he's the
"maverick," but in reality he's just irritable and pugnatious. He's
irratic and angry, and it has little to do with his age. (God forbid
anyone mention he might be too fricken old and might not survive his
term in office, one of the most high-pressure jobs there is.) He never
got over his experience as a POW, and can't even stand it when people
get physically close to him.

9. Good point. McCain has used some bad judgement at times. Unlike
you're candidate whose friends and business associates who are domestic
terrorists, fouders of the biggest fraudulent voter registration group in
history, aminister who preaches GOD DAMN AMERICA. And that list goes on
and on.

McCain supposedly "suspended" his campaign to "go back to Washington" to
fix the economy. He didn't suspend his campaign for one second, and he
screwed the pooch when he went back to DC. Both sides begged him not to
come, but he did anyway.

McCain said, finally, that Obama is an honorable, family man, and that
one shouldn't be afraid of him if he became President. Yet, his ad
attack lies continue, and Palin's attack lies continue. He says at the
end of ads that he "approved" of the messages. So, which is it?

If you believe that McCain/Palin is the best team to be in the White
House, vote for them. But, don't try to pass off your lying crap under
the guise of open-mindedness.

And you talk about distorting the truth. I just gave you NINE examples of
you distorting what i said. But then again that's a low score for a
liberal.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
1. The point is he supports partial birth abortion--killing a baby when
only a small portion of it's head remains in the woman's body. He also
supports taking a baby that has survived an abortion and putting it to
the side and letting it die!!!

You're a kook. Feel free to post a credible reference for this bs.

You said:

Religion- let the word God, or a bible even be mentioned in school and
there is an uproar. But, we teach our children about the muslim and other
religions in school.

Again, a bunch of bs.

"No Child Left Behind was Bush's creation and it was generally supported
by most people. The only problem was, he refused to fund it. Thus,
blaming the Democrats is false and misleading.

3. We allready throw more money per student into a failing system than
any other country. Typical lib--throw more money at the problem but never
really try to fix it.

So, what was the point of Bush's creation????? Just words and no action!

Preventing someone from getting regular healthcare because they illegal
is stupid. They just come to the ER when they're really, really sick,
which ends up costing taxpayers even more. Healthcare for all should be
a right, not a priviledge for the rich. We have near 50 million
uninsured (not counting those who are underinsured), with huge increases
in that number in recent years under Bush.

4.Americans don't get free health care. Illegals do. And you just

justified it. Again, a typical liberal.

All Americans are able to go to an ER and if they're unable to afford it,
the rest of us pay. Are you living on Mars?

You said:

Along with healthcare,
the libs give in-state tuition rates to illegals while charging full rates
to american citizens because they live out of state.And these same
illegals are given free primary education at additional expense as we have
to hire spanish speaking teachers just for them.

This has nothing to do with the upcoming presidential election. You're
mixing your attacks. I suggest you talk to your local representatives to
change your state laws.

McCain would continue to fund rich people and big corporations just like
Bush did, and McCain said as much on many occasions. Obama says that
anyone making less than $250K/year will pay no additional taxes.

6. When was the last time a person being supported by the gov't
created a job? It's the big companies and small companies in this country
that create jobs. Approximately 40% of taxpayers pay no federal income
tax now. And Obama is going to give 95%of taxpayers a tax break. That
means the 40% not paying will have to get a check from those of us
working to get a furthe break.

Huh? You're starting to rant. I have no idea (and you probably don't either)
which 40% you're talking about. You claimed that Obama is going to tax the
middle class. That's false.

The US economy has almost always done better under a Democrat President
than under a Republican President. Thems da facts. McCain, just like
Bush, states that he'll cut domestic programs to save money. He doesn't
care which ones. This is the classic and often stated goal of the
Neocons... remove safenet programs by bankrupting the gov't. They're
well on the road to doing just that.

7. as stated above, 40% are already getting gov't services without
paying federal taxes. Some people in this country need to actually work
for a living and not get handed everything by the gov't.

As stated above, this is complete bs.

We're spending $10B a month in Iraq, a place that has an $80B surplus.
If we spent just a fraction of what we spent on a war of choice, we
could have fixed all of our roads, bridges, schools, and had money left
over

8. spending that money protecting your and my right to have this
discussion don't forget.

Huh? It was a war of choice against a country that HAD NOTHING TO DO with
9/11.

[...]

Ah yes, the personal attack... silly me.

[...]

I distorted nothing, but believe what you want. Vote for McPalin. You
deserve it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:20:53 -0600, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

Teaching religion in a public school is ok. Where is it outlawed? The
Constitution says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances. "

If a public school wanted to teach religion, Congress can't stop it.

Teaching religion in a public school would be government established
religion. Congrees has no need to stop it, as the Constitution already
stops it cold.

The rest of your nonsense is equally idiotic.