posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What happened to ASA?

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:24:17 -0400, Marty wrote:

OzOne wrote:
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:34:26 -0400, Marty wrote:

OzOne wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:33:32 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

I know what they're tired of.. at least some of them. With posts like BS',
Oz', et. al., what would you expect.
No Jon..they're tired of your whining...probably many have you kf'ed.
Unlike you and them, I like to pick what I choose to read, not let a
computer do it all....after all, now and then you do have some merit.
God help me Oz, I never thought I'd see the day when a good Ozzie copper
would throw in with the likes of the Crapton and his merry band of sock
puppets and Boob****.

Thrown in?
Martin, this is an unmoderated newsgroup, I have had many a
disagreement with Bubbles, Cappy and many others here.
Idon't get into bed with any person nor group, I choose to remain
totally independent as should everyone.
To accuse me of "throwin in with" is insulting both to me and your
intelligence.
Don't you get tired of the constant reposting of Jon's old posts?
Don''t you get tired of 'Jon took drugs', or the excruciatingly tedious,
'J. Ganz is a homosexual'?

Martin, In another forum I get accused of being a liar constantly by
those whom I call "the clowns" led by a head clown to whom they all
bow in reverance.
He has banded his group of clowns to gether because I chose to
disagree with him on a number of things..since then, anything I've
written has been Googles up, embellished and presented as a fact to
'prove' that I've lied.
The clowns continually write that "he's wasting his time posting here
because no-one is listening". What they don't realise is that their
killfiles are so full of the names of those who have a similar opinion
of the clowns that they remain blind.

To answer your question...No...I just don't choose to read those
posts.
I had credited you with more intelligence, I guess even I can be mistaken.

I had credited you with a little more intelligence....
Dissapointed,,

Amused!

That's good, I'd take you for a sail and put a pint in your hand...

Cheers
Martin

I'd prefer a nice Barbera or a Zin the way we do them here...Thanks
:-)

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

A Zin! Rhymes with sin... How 'bout a smooth non-oaked Chardonnay?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Wow. History is a funny thing.

The FACT of the matter is this: When Capt. Neal and I, and even Jax
would make our preposterous posts they did in fact generate discussion
about sailing. Some of it was quite fun and informative. There was so
much sailing talk that ASA saw it's best days at that time, when the
so called "trolling" was at it's peak. Sure, I told tales, types
inexplicably nasty stuff and caused trouble, but MOST of the group
appeared to enjoy it.

Then came those who could not play well with others. Ganz was at the
top of the list. He simply could not take it and constantly reported
people, Mooron and several others left. Ganz tried to get me out too,
but he couldn't manage it. And make no mistake; Capt. Neal IS GONE. He
does not post here, sockpuppets or otherwise.

ASA is basically dead. I haven't the time to invest in the few, mostly
embittered stragglers who remain here. By and large I except most of
the ASA members are cool people. The few that I met in person
certainly were and that includes Jax, who had more fun at everyone's
expense that they'd believe. I saw him in early spring and he's doing
well.

Still, I like Ozzy and a few folks here. Katysails was sharp and
Mooron always game. Donal is among the last of the big players, but
he's a rare commodity these days. And who remembers the veritable
who's who of ASA....Mooron, Skitch, Neal, Old Thom, Jax, Scotty,
Tadpole, Doug, Steve, Katy, Marc and so many others who drifted over
the transom of the late great ASA?

ASA is dead. Long live ASA.

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
I know what they're tired of.. at least some of them. With posts like
BS', Oz', et. al., what would you expect.

No Jon..they're tired of your whining...probably many have you kf'ed.
Unlike you and them, I like to pick what I choose to read, not let a
computer do it all....after all, now and then you do have some merit.

God help me Oz, I never thought I'd see the day when a good Ozzie copper
would throw in with the likes of the Crapton and his merry band of sock
puppets and Boob****.

Don't you get tired of the constant reposting of Jon's old posts? Don''t
you get tired of 'Jon took drugs', or the excruciatingly tedious, 'J. Ganz
is a homosexual'?

I had credited you with more intelligence, I guess even I can be mistaken.

Dissapointed,,

Martin

Well, you never know. Maybe he'll turn himself around sometime. It's not
like the stalker mentality of a them is hard to miss.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 22:14:33 -0400, Marty wrote:

A Zin! Rhymes with sin... How 'bout a smooth non-oaked Chardonnay?

Cheers
Marty

One from one of my favourite wineries
http://www.piggspeake.com/2007_Wolfie_Zinfandel.html

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 19:38:50 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Wow. History is a funny thing.

The FACT of the matter is this: When Capt. Neal and I, and even Jax
would make our preposterous posts they did in fact generate discussion
about sailing. Some of it was quite fun and informative. There was so
much sailing talk that ASA saw it's best days at that time, when the
so called "trolling" was at it's peak. Sure, I told tales, types
inexplicably nasty stuff and caused trouble, but MOST of the group
appeared to enjoy it.

Indeed..it was mucho fun

Then came those who could not play well with others. Ganz was at the
top of the list. He simply could not take it and constantly reported
people, Mooron and several others left. Ganz tried to get me out too,
but he couldn't manage it. And make no mistake; Capt. Neal IS GONE. He
does not post here, sockpuppets or otherwise.

ASA is basically dead. I haven't the time to invest in the few, mostly
embittered stragglers who remain here. By and large I except most of
the ASA members are cool people. The few that I met in person
certainly were and that includes Jax, who had more fun at everyone's
expense that they'd believe. I saw him in early spring and he's doing
well.

Good, I'd like to meet Jax....

Still, I like Ozzy

Gee thanks Bubbles :-)

and a few folks here. Katysails was sharp and
Mooron always game. Donal is among the last of the big players, but
he's a rare commodity these days. And who remembers the veritable
who's who of ASA....Mooron, Skitch, Neal, Old Thom, Jax, Scotty,
Tadpole, Doug, Steve, Katy, Marc and so many others who drifted over
the transom of the late great ASA?

ASA is dead. Long live ASA.

It will return....

RB

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

I know what they're tired of.. at least some of them. With posts like BS',
Oz', et. al., what would you expect.

No Jon..they're tired of your whining...probably many have you kf'ed.
Unlike you and them, I like to pick what I choose to read, not let a
computer do it all....after all, now and then you do have some merit.

God help me Oz, I never thought I'd see the day when a good Ozzie copper
would throw in with the likes of the Crapton and his merry band of sock
puppets and Boob****.

Don't you get tired of the constant reposting of Jon's old posts?
Don''t you get tired of 'Jon took drugs', or the excruciatingly tedious,
'J. Ganz is a homosexual'?

I had credited you with more intelligence, I guess even I can be mistaken.

Dissapointed,,

Martin

Marty, must you gay up every post?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

Marty, please stop with all the gay references!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:09:00 -0400, wrote:

Salty Dog....is that what your boyfriend calls your cock?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

schoonertr... wrote:
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

In the absence of sailing discussion, spammers & sockpuppets have
filled the void.

Nothing stays the same, there are a lot more discussion groups on the
internet now. Maybe you should hunt for one that suits your prejudices
better?

Still, there has occasionally been a sailing discussion here; look at
JL's boat shopping for example. If there's something you want to
discuss here, go ahead. Merely complaining never gets you anywhere.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

What happened Don Dando General 14 April 12th 08 04:03 AM
what happened to...? RB Electronics 2 January 1st 06 10:32 PM
What Happened? Capt. Rob ASA 11 November 10th 05 01:31 PM
WHAT HAPPENED? gonefishing ASA 11 April 9th 05 07:25 AM
What happened, Joe??? Jonathan Ganz ASA 3 November 4th 04 12:44 AM