Default What happened

I can remember when this group was about recreational boating and kicking
Harry around.

What went wrong?

Or more importantly, how do we get back to that?

Don Dando

HK HK is offline

Don Dando wrote:
I can remember when this group was about recreational boating and kicking
Harry around.

What went wrong?

Or more importantly, how do we get back to that?

Don Dando

The idiots who try to "kick harry around" are still here, but most of
them are not and never have been recreational boaters. Most of the
boaters have moved on to other places.

Try:

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com

More signal, less noise, very little discussion of guitars, tree
cutting, poisonous homemade beer, et cetera, and most of the jerk-offs
who pollute this place don't post there or don't behave badly there.
Senior Member

On Apr 11, 12:43*pm, "Don Dando" wrote:
I can remember when this group was about recreational boating and kicking
Harry around.

What went wrong?

Or more importantly, how do we get back to that?

Don Dando

Well, a bunch of china spam came up at about the same time Chuck Gould
started a moderated group at the link Harry posted. Most folks gave in
and moved over there. Google is not addressing the spam issue and if
those of us try to mark it to help us read, Jim and Salty cry and
killfile you instead of just killing anything with spam in the
header... Not worth trying to read anymore, the usual suspects have
finially gotten their way. I would go over to the other group, but I
have learned in the past the "moderator" there is not real moderate
when it comes to me. Maybe he is behaving over there, but when he
outed my identity last year for making a statement he did not like, I
lost all respect...
HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

I haven't noticed that the old Chuckster is doing anything at his place
aside from "hosting."

Herring tried to start some smack over there, and Chuck left his post
up, and simply commented at how silly Herring's "interpretation" was.

I suspect if you put up boating/fishing/outdoors related posts, they
will be unexpurgated. What Chuck does not have - the "attack dogs" who
only come here to trash other posters.

The spam here is easy enough to ignore if you are using any sort of
decent newsreader. It shouldn't be an issue for anyone who isn't
inordinately lazy.

On Apr 11, 12:43*pm, "Don Dando" wrote:
I can remember when this group was about recreational boating and kicking
Harry around.

What went wrong?

Or more importantly, how do we get back to that?

Don Dando

Well, you know how it is. If someone here dares call Harry out on his
many, many lies and insults, he instantly starts his name calling,
just like he did when he replied to your post. It's just that most of
us have gotten sick and very tired of his daily bull****. You know, no
one has the refinement and culture Harry does, no one boats in
anyplace near the nirvana that Harry does, no one has as good a boat
as Harry does, and on and on. Just ask him.

On Apr 11, 1:29*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
[...]

inordinately lazy.- Hide quoted text -

And you come HERE why? Oh, to insult and call names.

Don Dando wrote:
I can remember when this group was about recreational boating and kicking
Harry around.

What went wrong?

Or more importantly, how do we get back to that?

Don Dando

That is the problem in general. Way too many folks simply look to kick
another around just because they can do so from the comfort of their own
keyboard.

Even the actual boating threads get hijacked with about every political
distortion and counter-attack imaginable. Sad in a way, but an
interesting observation of human nature, altho some resort to being
almost sub-human given the level of vileness spewed forth.

wrote in message
[...]

There's a rumor around that violators 'over there' are handcuffed and thrown
down a flight of stairs. ;-)

Jim Jim is offline

I just took a cruise through Chuck's forum and saw that he wants to put a
new head on his boat. There used to be a sanitation expert that was a
regular here till someone ran her off. Maybe someone here knows how to
contact her and could get her to visit Chuck's site to help him out.

WHAT HAPPENED ????? LAKENUT General 4 June 30th 06 11:42 PM
what happened to...? RB Electronics 2 January 1st 06 10:32 PM
What Happened? Capt. Rob ASA 11 November 10th 05 01:31 PM
Sorry -- don't know what happened Jim, General 5 March 29th 05 01:48 AM
What happened, Joe??? Jonathan Ganz ASA 3 November 4th 04 12:44 AM