BoatBanter.com

-   -   What happened to ASA? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/98761-what-happened-asa.html)

[email protected] October 5th 08 01:03 AM

What happened to ASA?

It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.

Marty[_2_] October 5th 08 03:29 AM

What happened to ASA?

wrote:
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.

It comes and goes, mostly destroyed by the Crapton and his many
incarnations, a few of his flonker friends and the indefatigable Bubbles.

Cheers
Marty

Capt. JG October 5th 08 05:16 AM

What happened to ASA?

wrote in message
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.

Well, you get what you pay for I suppose...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

OzOne October 5th 08 05:33 AM

What happened to ASA?

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:29:51 -0400, Marty wrote:

wrote:
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.

It comes and goes, mostly destroyed by the Crapton and his many
incarnations, a few of his flonker friends and the indefatigable Bubbles.

Cheers
Marty

What absolute rubbish!!!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Marty[_2_] October 5th 08 05:49 AM

What happened to ASA?

wrote:
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.

It comes and goes, mostly destroyed by the Crapton and his many
incarnations, a few of his flonker friends and the indefatigable Bubbles.

Cheers
Marty

What absolute rubbish!!!

Sorry, Oz, feeling left out?

Cheers
Marty

OzOne October 5th 08 06:46 AM

What happened to ASA?

wrote:
It's nothing but spam and garbage anymore.

Plonk

/s/ Schoonertrash.
It comes and goes, mostly destroyed by the Crapton and his many
incarnations, a few of his flonker friends and the indefatigable Bubbles.

Cheers
Marty

What absolute rubbish!!!

Sorry, Oz, feeling left out?

Cheers
Marty

No Marty, Not at all.
In fact I don't see ASA as having been destroyed,,,,I see a lot of
valuable contributors who post less often or have been driven away by
some of the less regulars here....mainly because the people could not
agree to disagree, and the pack mentality that seems to exist among
those who see themselves as 'normal'.
Normal being unlike Cappy, Bubbles,Jon,and apparently even myself (If
I'm to believe you).

The flonkers are easily kf'ed... I see them now and then and just
adjust my filters.

Marty[_2_] October 5th 08 03:45 PM

What happened to ASA?

wrote:
[...]

True enough, I think a lot of the regulars got tired.

The flonkers are easily kf'ed... I see them now and then and just
adjust my filters.

I'm not that sure that many actually know how to.

Oh well, I'd like to see Tadpole and the Nav back, miss 'ol Thom too,
figure we're going to be saying "God rest his soul" soon.

Jax would certainly be interesting, I haven't read a definitive work on
anything lately.

Cheers
Marty

Charles Momsen October 5th 08 04:47 PM

What happened to ASA?

"Marty" wrote in message

Normal being unlike Cappy, Bubbles,Jon,and apparently even myself (If
I'm to believe you).

Normal people don't change the world. Thank God for Cappy, Bubbles, Jon and
even you Ozzie.

True enough, I think a lot of the regulars got tired.

The flonkers are easily kf'ed... I see them now and then and just
adjust my filters.

I'm not that sure that many actually know how to.

Oh well, I'd like to see Tadpole and the Nav back, miss 'ol Thom too,
figure we're going to be saying "God rest his soul" soon.

They decided to become normal. Someday, they'll slide down the bell curve
and return.

Jax would certainly be interesting, I haven't read a definitive work on
anything lately.

That guy was hilarious.

Capt. JG October 5th 08 06:28 PM

What happened to ASA?

wrote:
[...]

Oh... normal, like Oz going on and on about some dumb car troll bs from BS.
Hate to tell him, fortunately, don't have to since he's in my killfile
because of his and/or BS' bs, that I've been around here longer than most.
Anyone who thinks Crapton, who has never seen a sockpuppet (male or female)
he didn't like and who treats just about everyone he encounters as his
personal doormat to wipe his sh*t stained shoes on, or anyone who think that
BS is anything more than a long-winded, I've gotta be right, stepping stone,
I'm better than you, blowhard, deserves to be right where I put him.

ASA is just a newsgroup. If Oz is so concerned about its existence, he
should take it as his responsibility to do something other than whine about
others being at fault. The regulars got tired because of a couple of people
being total sh*ts. Look at Crapton.. he's been booted from just about every
NSP and ISP in existance, including apparently some of the free ones. Look
at BS.. he got booted from AOL for godsake. Then there's the various
incarnations of gidget or giligan or momma, aka or whomever. He's been
posting his psychotic crap for years, all anonymously. Maybe he's afraid of
something.

So, Oz, who by his own words doesn't sail anymore, should probably either
put up or shut up. I doubt he'll do either.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Marty[_2_] October 5th 08 10:03 PM

What happened to ASA?

Capt. JG wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Note, I said they were tired, I didn't specify what they were tired of.

Cheers
Marty