posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Which ASA members would you avoid in real life?

For the most part they are all very nice, normal people. But there may be
one or two a bit scary, or not trustworthy or just plain wacko. Who would
you avoid?

I'd avoid that guy Farsheen from years back. I told him he could stop by
when passing through my area and he did. The ******* stole my wallet and ran
up $1400 dollars on one of my credit cards. He got caught in another state
but I never recovered anything. I let him use my truck, he never refilled
the tank and I received 3 parking tickets in the mail. It wasn't so much the
money, but the abuse of trust and feeling violated.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message
For the most part they are all very nice, normal people. But there may be
one or two a bit scary, or not trustworthy or just plain wacko. Who would
you avoid?

I'd avoid that guy Farsheen from years back. I told him he could stop by
when passing through my area and he did. The ******* stole my wallet and
ran up $1400 dollars on one of my credit cards. He got caught in another
state but I never recovered anything. I let him use my truck, he never
refilled the tank and I received 3 parking tickets in the mail. It wasn't
so much the money, but the abuse of trust and feeling violated.

I recall a "hosheen" but not a "farsheen."

I'd avoid Dave. He's a lawyer.

I'd never trust Bobsprit. He's never once told the truth.

I'd sure hesitate to trust sevenseassailsbad. He's sunk at least one boat.

Bob Crantz definitely cannot be trusted.

Katysails I'd avoid at all costs. She proved herself to be an angry,
faithless witch.

Capt. JG I'd sure not trust. Never in my life have I seen a worse hypocrite.
People like him need to be avoided at all cost.

But, JaxAshby would never break trust. He was a fine, upstanding Mensan.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Which ASA members would you go sailing with?

I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on a
regular basis, just to see the real thing.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

[...]

JaxAshby was the 4th most brilliant person to ever participate in this
group. I wish he would return.

I would definitely trust Ganz's behavior. His consistency is quite
remarkable.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers±³© wrote:
I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on
a regular basis, just to see the real thing.

JL, on the whole I agree, anytime you get up near the 1000 Islands let
me know.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on a
regular basis, just to see the real thing.

With a couple of caveats, I agree with you. I've sailed or visited with
several. Nice people.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers±³© wrote:
I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on a
regular basis, just to see the real thing.

Agreed except that I don't want to see their "thing" no matter how
real it is.
In fact JL I'm surprised at you

DSK
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 25 Sep, 00:29, jlrogers±³© wrote:
I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on a
regular basis, just to see the real thing.

I would feel nervous about sailing alone with Jax.
Otherwise, I am in complete agreement with you.

I'd like to take Bob out for a short sail - just to see him
get nervous when we got more that a 1/2 mile from the
marina!!!

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On 25 Sep, 00:29, jlrogers±³© wrote:
I'd like to go sailing with just about everybody who ever posted here on a
regular basis, just to see the real thing.

I would feel nervous about sailing alone with Jax.

~Nervous? Is that all?

Otherwise, I am in complete agreement with you.

I'd like to take Bob out for a short sail - just to see him
get nervous when we got more that a 1/2 mile from the
marina!!!

~Are you trying to give him another heart attack? He's had one already.

Regards

Donal

Real life danger... Don White General 41 December 19th 06 12:18 AM
Real life danger... Don White Cruising 33 December 18th 06 03:49 PM
Another example to avoid following: [email protected] General 3 September 28th 05 04:34 PM
What's the OB 90-225 HP outboards to avoid Wayne.B General 17 March 21st 05 08:08 PM