posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight

Not!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lodidad...ool-houstonist

--

jlrogers±³©

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt

"Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall
soon have neither." Benjamin Franklin

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
Not!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lodidad...ool-houstonist

Does not apply or work in the latitude of South Texas.

This old saying only works in the westerly trade wind zone. In the North
Atlantic, for example. Texas is generally on the edge of the SE trade wind
zone during the summer hurricane season. The westerlies sometimes shift far
enough south so there are prevailing westerlies but only in the wintertime
there.

Here, this link will explain it for you.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/myster...er-sailor.html

I hope everybody reads and understands it because I'm sick and tired of so
much ignorance displayed with respect to weather patterns and even what red
skies indicate and why.

The 'where' is of paramount importance and never forget it.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
"jlrogers±³©" message
anews.com...wrote in
[...]

My point exactly. Had hoped to get a discussion going. You really know how
to kill a thread,

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
news

[...]

Sorry, but when one is blessed with uncommon knowledge and great intellect
it would be a crime to remain silent.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
[...]

Next time wait 'till the crabs are in the pot.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:42:37 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
Not!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lodidad...ool-houstonist

Does not apply or work in the latitude of South Texas.

This old saying only works in the westerly trade wind zone. In the North
Atlantic, for example. Texas is generally on the edge of the SE trade wind
zone during the summer hurricane season. The westerlies sometimes shift far
enough south so there are prevailing westerlies but only in the wintertime
there.

Here, this link will explain it for you.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/myster...er-sailor.html

I hope everybody reads and understands it because I'm sick and tired of so
much ignorance displayed with respect to weather patterns and even what red
skies indicate and why.

The 'where' is of paramount importance and never forget it.

Wilbur Hubbard

You are as always an educator Cappy.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove Cruising 15 August 22nd 07 03:08 AM
Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove ASA 7 August 13th 07 03:14 PM
Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove General 0 August 12th 07 04:43 PM
Sailor's Tobacco Bob Crantz ASA 2 March 14th 06 07:12 PM
Sailor's Flu Capt. Rob ASA 7 December 9th 05 05:57 PM