posted to alt.sailing.asa
Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
Not!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lodidad...ool-houstonist

Does not apply or work in the latitude of South Texas.

This old saying only works in the westerly trade wind zone. In the North
Atlantic, for example. Texas is generally on the edge of the SE trade wind
zone during the summer hurricane season. The westerlies sometimes shift far
enough south so there are prevailing westerlies but only in the wintertime
there.

Here, this link will explain it for you.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/myster...er-sailor.html

I hope everybody reads and understands it because I'm sick and tired of so
much ignorance displayed with respect to weather patterns and even what red
skies indicate and why.

The 'where' is of paramount importance and never forget it.

Wilbur Hubbard