Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Proof that Red Cloud's skipper lied about Olga

Here's proof the hapless skipper of the ill-fated Red Cloud lied about
Olga - the tropical depression he claimed he had to stay in port to wait out
its passage.

Here is a weather Buoy offshore from Belize:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42056

Here is the data for the dates in concern that you get by following links on
the above page:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/view_text_f.../stdmet/Scroll down to almost the bottom to between Dec 25th and Dec 30th, 2007. Youwill note a max wind speed of 9.8 meters/sec on the 28th of December at 0300hours.If you wish to convert meters per second to miles per hour or knots use thiscalculator:http://www.csgnetwork.com/windspeedconv.htmlI get 19 knots or 21 mph.Some hurricane Joe! Bwwahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahha!Wilbur Hubbard