posted to alt.sailing.asa
Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Proof that Red Cloud's skipper lied about Olga

"Greg Hall" wrote in message
: "Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
: anews.com:
:
: Here's proof the hapless skipper of the ill-fated Red Cloud lied about
: Olga - the tropical depression he claimed he had to stay in port to
: wait out its passage.
:
: Here is a weather Buoy offshore from Belize:
: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42056
:
: Here is the data for the dates in concern that you get by following
: links on the above page:
: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/view_text_file.php?filename=
: 42056h2007.txt.gz
: &dir=data/historical/stdmet/Scroll down to almost the bottom to
: between Dec 25th and Dec 30th, 2007. Youwill note a max wind speed of
: 9.8 meters/sec on the 28th of December at 0300hours.If you wish to
: convert meters per second to miles per hour or knots use
: thiscalculator:http://www.csgnetwork.com/windspeedconv.htmlI get 19
: knots or 21 mph.Some hurricane Joe!
: Bwwahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahha!Wilbur Hubbard
:
:
:
:
: Wilbur, you just ain't too swift. Why don't you get a real newsreader?
: Everybody knows Outhouse Express is garbage. Notice how I use one that
: doesn't make a mess out of formatting links, paragraphs,etc.
:
: Here, let me show you how it's done: Your post in readable format.
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
:
[...]
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:
:
: --
: Gregory Hall
:
: One should view free news servers as one would view a carnival sideshow.
: Like a carnival sideshow free servers arrive in town every so often and
: there is always some grifter hawking suspect wares and swindling
: gullible people, if not out of their money then their time. The carnival
: geek represents the free news server administrator. The fat lady
: represents the size of his ego. The clown represents the usual laughable
: TOS. The sword swallower is tantamount to what happens to a subscriber
: at the other end of the alimentary canal. Like the toss the ring at the
: Coke bottle game, free news servers are rigged against the user and are
: a cheat and a swindle.

Thanks, Greg, I just can't figure out why OE messes things up like that
every once in a while. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. It's like it
looses all track of carriage returns or something. That message was
formatted perfectly in the compose windo when I sent it. Maybe I'll download
XNews and give it a try. I see you're no fan of free news servers. Neither
am I. They're a joke.

Wilbur Hubbard