posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What is the perfect boat?

wrote in message

groups.com...
"Scotty" wrote:
My boat is perfect for me. I know that's not what you
wanted to hear, but it's a fact.

I like your boat, too. If it had a self-refilling cooler,

it would be
perfect for me too.

it does...Lisa.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Perfect boat? Where? When? Who?

Paid for.

Easy. Fun. Sleepable. (After 30 years in the military, I can sleep
in a garbage can rolling down stairs!)

Cookable, even a camp stove.

Everything is relative, nothing is perfect.

If I enjoy it, it is good enough.

So: Fiberglass, 6' headroom, shallow draught, automatic sail tending
(jib boom!), an engine of some sort, room for a companion, or not. A
shower! Air conditioning!

But especially... Bug Screens!

More so, a lightning rod and grounded anchor chain or substitute.

Sandwiches and rum, to sterilize the river water. A cooker for canned
stew and coffee.

A dinghy, for fishing.

My Tyler 29 Bilge keeler is perfect enough!

Merry Christmas,

Terry K
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:36:06 -0800 (PST), Terry K
wrote this crap:

Perfect boat? Where? When? Who?

Paid for.

Easy. Fun. Sleepable. (After 30 years in the military, I can sleep
in a garbage can rolling down stairs!)

Cookable, even a camp stove.

Everything is relative, nothing is perfect.

If I enjoy it, it is good enough.

So: Fiberglass, 6' headroom, shallow draught, automatic sail tending
(jib boom!), an engine of some sort, room for a companion, or not. A
shower! Air conditioning!

But especially... Bug Screens!

More so, a lightning rod and grounded anchor chain or substitute.

Sandwiches and rum, to sterilize the river water. A cooker for canned
stew and coffee.

A dinghy, for fishing.

My Tyler 29 Bilge keeler is perfect enough!

Merry Christmas,

Terry K

Jeez, Terry. You forgot the MOST important thing, especially for us
ex-military. A huge cooler for the beer.

Merry Christmas. Fleas Navidad. Happy Chanakuh. Rabid Ramadan. And
Happy Holidays.

Go Buckeyes!

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Paid for.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
Jeez, Terry. You forgot the MOST important thing, especially for us
ex-military. A huge cooler for the beer.

I believe Terry K is English and does not put his beer in a cooler.

Also, the issue of a self-filling cooler has already been addressed.
Pay attention!

DSK
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
Paid for.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
Jeez, Terry. You forgot the MOST important thing, especially for us
ex-military. A huge cooler for the beer.

I believe Terry K is English and does not put his beer in a cooler.

Also, the issue of a self-filling cooler has already been addressed.
Pay attention!

DSK

If you're from California, it would be a self-fulfilling cooler... duhhh

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:40:21 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

If you're from California, it would be a self-fulfilling cooler... duhhh

I thought you sissy Californians had to have a wine cooler.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Alden Bugley" wrote in message
Must you gay up everything that you post?

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
wrote in message
Paid for.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
Jeez, Terry. You forgot the MOST important thing, especially for us
ex-military. A huge cooler for the beer.

I believe Terry K is English and does not put his beer in a cooler.

Also, the issue of a self-filling cooler has already been addressed.
Pay attention!

DSK

If you're from California, it would be a self-fulfilling cooler... duhhh

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

FOAD stalker... PLONK

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:58:43 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

FOAD stalker... PLONK