Biel

Default looking for a "perfect" boat - Etap and some questions

hi life forms! :-)

I are searching a "perfect" boat for me...
I want to live in and travel around the world... who no ? :-)

Etap 30i is the only choice at this moment...
but... after reading this pages...
http://www.sleepingwithoars.com/new_page_11.htm

Displacement of etap in only 3600kg, little no ? oh yes if this boat is
unsinkable can't carry many weigh of course! :-)
but... in web page say "...could feel the hull flexing in the waves!"
experiences whit etap in rough weather ?

also for rough weather the etap have big "windows"...
this "windows" are very solid ? or can break and... oh oh... water inside :-)

another quiz...
bernard moitessier in a book write about a strong bat charger from propeller
when are under sail, AND OF COURSE with the engine stoped... where I find one ?
I don't want ridiculous wind "generators" :-)

and the last...
what happened with the guy of "Sheila in the wind" (adrian hayter) after arrived
at NZ ?

bye from Catalonia,
Biel
Bell

http://captneal.homestead.com/Vessel.html

[...]

JG

I'm sure if you offered him $10, he'd take it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bell" wrote in message
Biel wrote:
[...]

Gema

If you are serious about buying a 30 something boat at the budget of an etap
,better look some place else....
i recently was looking to buy and amongst the various boats was a 27 etap
(for the £15000 i had to give ).
These are not boats for sea these are seriously dangerous crap.in my
opinion.too crambed even though the one i saw didnt have any equipment
except the VHF,all thin like paper and you get a dingy feeling on it.
Try looking for a 70s 80s swedish boat ,unknown if possible,they know how to
make and maintain boats.
i got mine ,a B31 1978 made for less than 12000 and it is a seious sailing
boat ,GRP,with 180 iron keel,3.6 tons all together but most of them go
around the world a couple of times before they are sold.mine just came from
a tril around the world and i plan to take her for another....and all for
12000 and a bit of searching.....good luck man .and look away from the etap
trap......or bavaria.you need serious boats not looking good but thin paper
ones that will let you down where you need them the most (not in the marina)

Gema

and i m sorry to say ,he is a bit overblown up with himself...
my dad is a merchant marine officer ,i bet this guy went as far as 3rd
officer ,i know a lot of this kind of experience sailors.........
skip the guy ,hes a waste of time and so is his boat with his perfect
details that cost 30 quid from any junk shop.
i got those for free when i gave 12000 for mine,and they were even brighter
than his......dont fall for the big words,he is targeting inexperienced to
gain points for his ego and propably his pocket...

Didereaux

I think this is the boat "Gema" is referring to.
http://scanboat.com/uk/BoatSaleAdver...agsnr=04S79952

g'Luk
Didereuax

"Gema" wrote in
:

If you are serious about buying a 30 something boat at the budget of
an etap ,better look some place else....
i recently was looking to buy and amongst the various boats was a 27
etap (for the £15000 i had to give ).
These are not boats for sea these are seriously dangerous crap.in my
opinion.too crambed even though the one i saw didnt have any equipment
except the VHF,all thin like paper and you get a dingy feeling on it.
Try looking for a 70s 80s swedish boat ,unknown if possible,they know
how to make and maintain boats.
i got mine ,a B31 1978 made for less than 12000 and it is a seious

--
"Let bygones be bygones...send a concilliatory PRETZEL to the
Whitehouse!"
The YoYoMan

¨ hi life forms! :-)
¨
¨ I are searching a "perfect" boat for me...
¨ I want to live in and travel around the world... who no ? :-)
¨
¨ http://captneal.homestead.com/Vessel.html
¨

nice but very old boat!
for coastal "pleasure"... :-)

¨ Etap 30i is the only choice at this moment...
¨ but... after reading this pages...

Gema

some circum the globe with those ,but it is harder than you imagine man ,not
enough to be determined ,it takes a lot to become a sailor.
one advise ,what you are planning,scale down 10 times and go with your gut
feeling about the boat you will buy.
listen to friends but make your mind up.
good luck

Dag Stenberg

In alt.sailing The YoYoMan wrote:
¨ I are searching a "perfect" boat for me...
¨ I want to live in and travel around the world... who no ? :-)
¨
¨ http://captneal.homestead.com/Vessel.html

nice but very old boat!
for coastal "pleasure"... :-)

Very nice web site - thanks for the link.

Dag Stenberg
www.helsinki.fi/~stenberg/minerva