posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default How Useful is a Swim Platform

Hmmmm. Well, losers like Bob Crantz and a few others complained about
the 35s5 large swim platform....

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/ima...implatform.jpg

This season we slept aboard about 12-15 times, using the aft cabin
without a problem. Because of the huge aft sleeping bunk Suzanne and I
were able to enjoy ourselves and sleep well. The two opening ports
made it cold back there most nights and we preferred to keep them shut
and leave the door open a bit.

The swim platform was used for more than half of our sails. Even
yesterday the girls sat back there letting their feet drag in the cool
water. Swimming with Thomas was a LOT easier to work and use of our
inflatable was also far easier. It just makes getting on and off the
boat soooo much more comfortable and safe.
The fun factor is obvious.

So to put it in technical terms: Swim platforms ROCK!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

swim platform [email protected] Cruising 4 November 16th 06 04:34 PM
Fold down swim platform [email protected] ASA 5 January 2nd 06 10:52 PM
Swim Platform!! Bob Crantz ASA 0 November 1st 05 02:28 PM
Swim Platform Bill Custom Boat Building 1 May 19th 05 01:02 PM
Swim platform extensions jchaplain Cruising 3 May 5th 04 01:04 AM