Bill Custom

Default Swim Platform

Hi I need a Swim Platform for a Cruisers Inc. 36Ft. I checked out two
companys and their platforms weren't that good. Does anybody know where i
can get one or a used one?

Thanks..

hazen

Bill, are you into DYI work?

Here's an idea, because I am planning on doing this to my 34
Tollycraft. I lost my platform some years back during a storm. the
boat was facing out. A swell lifted my boat and pushed it back
towards the dock. When the boat settled, the rear platform caught the
edge of the dock and was ripped out of my transom. Anyway, some local
guy did a crappy job of replacing the platform with 3/4 ply and
fiberglass over it.

Then I was searching for some marine ply when I found this site
selling "starboard" which is basically melamine (cutting board) with
a friction surface. They sell 54" x 96" x 3/4" sheets for $260. and a
1" thick sheet is $460. If you price other fiberglass moulded
platforms, they are well over $1000. And you can shape this stuff
pretty easily with a router.

Check out this site, they discuss this very thing (if you scroll to
the bottom you will also see a link to "marine board." Give these
guys a call. I'm sold on the stuff.

http://www.sdplastics.com/starboardas.html

Just a thought

Hazen

Swim platform question DM General 2 September 29th 04 07:37 PM
Swim Platform Extension Andy Stewart Boat Building 0 May 23rd 04 03:11 PM
Swim platform extensions jchaplain Cruising 3 May 5th 04 01:04 AM
Mounting outboard on swim platform question Capt. Frank Hopkins General 5 January 30th 04 07:29 PM