posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Joe's copyright infringement???

http://www.ellago.net/

Hmmmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
http://www.ellago.net/

Hmmmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard

El lago means 'the lake' in Spanish. Does the potato chips have a copyright
on the word "the lake"?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 22, 2:43 pm, "Capt. Bess Kidd" wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
http://www.ellago.net/

Hmmmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard

El lago means 'the lake' in Spanish. Does the potato chips have a copyright
on the word "the lake"?

RedCloud is Docked in the city of El Lago..I wonder if the city is in
trouble too?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Bess Kidd" wrote in message
news

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
http://www.ellago.net/

Hmmmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard

El lago means 'the lake' in Spanish. Does the potato chips have a
copyright on the word "the lake"?

Shut up, Bess, you're a pest and you don't know nothin! Girls aren't
allowed here anymore, let alone girl captains. It's bad enough we gotta
put up with the likes of Gaynz who's girl enough.

It's a friggin food product and the site I linked handles food products
and has the rights to the el lago name. They'll be all over Joe like Al
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on Jena as soon as they find out about it.

I guaran-dam-tee it.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
http://www.ellago.net/

Hmmmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard

El lago means 'the lake' in Spanish. Does the potato chips have a
copyright on the word "the lake"?

Shut up, Bess, you're a pest and you don't know nothin! Girls aren't
allowed here anymore, let alone girl captains. It's bad enough we
gotta
put up with the likes of Gaynz who's girl enough.

It's a friggin food product and the site I linked handles food
products
and has the rights to the el lago name. They'll be all over Joe like
Al
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on Jena as soon as they find out about it.

I guaran-dam-tee it.

Wilbur Hubbard

I believe the issue would be "registered trademark", rather than
"copyright"

Nonetheless, Joe may have a bit of a problem, if the owner of that
tradmark
decides that his venture may be confused with their own, and wants to
pursue it.
Has he even registered the trademark? I would assume he has, since he
claims to
have done a lot of research.

My guess is that the "El Lago" brand that sells chips, and condiments
would
have a pretty easy time convincing a judge that someone selling coffee
beans
under that name would be an infringement.

Yeh, that's what I think too . . . What if the first El Lago decides to
have their own brand of coffee? I think they have a right to that
registered trademark for it. Joe will be seen as a Johnny-come-lately.
Could lose his ass.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
[...]

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

Sheeeeze is this the best you can do Wilbur...?

http://www.chkenergy.com/Websites/1/...iser-thumb.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...4L._AA240_.jpg

Trademarks that are "merely descriptive or deceptively
misdescriptive" cannot be registered. 15 U.S.C. §1052(e).

A trademark does not exist in isolation. It must be used in
conjunction with specific goods or services to signify the source or
origin of those goods or services. For this reason, the same word can
be used by more than one company as a trademark, as long as the goods
or services are different. Thus you can buy a Cadillac automobile and
Cadillac dog food. You can buy Sun computers and Sun gasoline. These
marks can coexist because there will be no confusion among customers
seeking one product and accidentally buying the other.

Putz!

Next.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
On Sep 22, 5:53 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

I'm assuming you've either filed for DBA papers using El Lago as the
proxy for your own name or have incorporated your business under that
name...that will be some protection for you.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Putz!

Next.

Joe

You are so naive, Joe. Let's see now, I don't think General Mills has
their own brand of coffee. But, if you decided to call your product
General Mills Coffee I bet you'd be in for a serious lawsuit. The same
thing goes if you called your brand of coffee Microsoft Coffee.
Everybody knows Microsoft doesn't make coffee but they do own the rights
to that name. I'd say the same goes for the existing El Lago brand of
food products. They probably own the rights to that name. Now, get a
clue, boy. I'm just trying to help.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 23, 7:13 am, katy wrote:
Joe wrote:
On Sep 22, 5:53 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..

http://www.chkenergy.com/Websites/1/...lations-Pics/Z...

[...]

name...that will be some protection for you.- Hide quoted text -

DBA.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

What's totally pathetic is a sockpuppet talking to himself.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe's Lie Capt. Rob ASA 17 April 20th 07 06:07 PM
Plan copyright infringment Bill Boat Building 13 October 8th 06 06:45 AM
Plan Copyright... Don Dando Boat Building 0 September 30th 06 03:21 AM
Joe's Lies Capt. Rob ASA 2 June 14th 06 05:12 PM
CNN and copyright infringment Comcast News General 1 August 12th 04 12:46 PM