posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Doug Stays Quiet...a REPOST

Doug, the hot air balloon of sailing know-how and the King of
Keels....claims that he sailed a Alerion 28. I just wanted to repost
this since Doug's exposed like still hangs in the air like the mildew
smell coming from Sloco's forgotten Express 30.

Well, if Ozzy said it, or even Joe...I'd believe it, but Doug said
things to dumb to miss about the A28.

He claimed that the jib boom took up too much room above and below
decks.
Now please have a look at the A28:

http://www.alerionexpress28.com/site...builderpicture...

The first clue that Dicky Retardo lied to us is clear in that pic.
See
any life lines? Nope. The A28 was not designed for any "work"
forward.
She's a BIG cockpit design for daysailing and weekending. What was
Duffy Duck doing up there? Greasing the Hoyt knuckle? Scanning the
depths for loose change?

The A28 is a boat designed to be sailed from the cockpit:

http://www.alerionexpress28.com/site...builderpicture...

Now, let us look at all the room below that boom is swallowing up for
space-starved Dougie Houser F.U.

http://www.alerionexpress28.com/site...builderpicture...

Yikes! It's going straight through the boat!!!!
Oh...no, wait...that's the mast. Okay, so it's not taking up any
appreciable room below.

So what was Doug, the Ding of Keels yammering about? Did he tell this
to CS, who he met and spoke to about the design? Is CS off somewhere
dropping Doug's name for effect? For humorous effect?

Then poor Sloco tried to claim that A28's are usually sold with
LIFELINES. But the website says NO, very few! Doug doesn't need help
from Dumbass Sloco!

As John Irving wrote...."Oh, Yeth!" (And I hope Katy likes the
reference to Garp)

RB
35s5
NY

Bush Stays the Course Bob Crantz ASA 3 December 8th 05 01:32 PM
Joe stays silent!!!!! Gilligan ASA 3 November 5th 04 05:56 PM
Need Help: Outdrive stays trimmed up Charles Worth General 2 December 27th 03 11:08 PM
Need Help: Outdrive stays trimmed up Charles Worth Cruising 4 December 27th 03 11:08 PM
OT--Jobless Claims Fall, Inflation Stays Low NOYB General 1 October 20th 03 01:22 PM