posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default A Real Race

"Capt. **** Head" wrote in message
ps.com...
No.

Then why do they like me to dive the boat?

to clean the bottom?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yeah, we don't have the stones to "mix it up" with a bunch of
Catalinas & Ericsons that think they are in a race because a local
club had a 14 dollar plaque made. One design is racing. PHRF is
family
fun, if that's what you like.

I don't know what it's like on Long Island Sound Boobie but you must
not get out much. You'd have a hard time selling that definition to
the Wednesday night crowd in Annapolis for example. Everything comes
out up to and including TP52s. I haven't seen any 35s5S though. Oh,
and they award real silver down here.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. **** Head" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
Always the line people use when they don't have the stones

to bring
it
out and mix it up.

Yeah, we don't have the stones to "mix it up" with a bunch

of
Catalinas & Ericsons that race

isn't that what Loco said?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

There is only one real race in life.

It is against the clock.

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance
run..."

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 31, 7:44 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
On Aug 31, 2:48 am, Bart wrote:

Swabbie, you have to sail one design to be
in a real sailboat race.

Bart, I really do agree with that. That said, a J29 Frac with OB vs. a
J27 is a pretty close match as far as the hulls go.
My point is that, beyond developing some skills on ones own tub, PHRF
racing is NOT real racing and that's all Sloco can really do because
he doesn't own a J35 or J24.

RB
35s5
NY

I think you missed my point. It was a subtle recommendation
for you to go out and race some one design. Do that for many
years in many positions, and then you too will be able to talk with
authority on the subject.

If you start now and race two or three days a week, you might
be able to catch up to sloco's experience. I have no doubt he
can sail circles around you.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

ps.com...
On Aug 31, 2:48 am, Bart wrote:

Swabbie, you have to sail one design to be
in a real sailboat race.

Bart, I really do agree with that. That said, a J29 Frac with OB vs. a
J27 is a pretty close match as far as the hulls go.
My point is that, beyond developing some skills on ones own tub, PHRF
racing is NOT real racing and that's all Sloco can really do because
he doesn't own a J35 or J24.

RB
35s5
NY

I think you missed my point. It was a subtle recommendation
for you to go out and race some one design. Do that for many
years in many positions, and then you too will be able to talk with
authority on the subject.

If you start now and race two or three days a week, you might
be able to catch up to sloco's experience. I have no doubt he
can sail circles around you.

I suspect it wouldn't take someone with sloco's vast experience to do that.
:-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 31, 2:36?pm, "Lloyd Bonafide" wrote:
There is only one real race in life.

It is against the clock....

That's true. www.deathclock.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

,On Aug 31, 10:23?pm, Bart wrote:
I think you missed my point. .

The Boob always misses the point. He never gets it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I think you missed my point. It was a subtle recommendation
for you to go out and race some one design.

Oh, so you believe that Sloco's PHRF racing is on the same level as
One Design racing?
I see.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The Boob always misses the point. He never gets it.

Actually.....I'm the point. And that's why you end up in the pot more
often than not.

RB
35s5
NY

RACE AND IQ. RACE AND CRIME. WHITE LIBERALS AND HYPOCRISY. Ted General 2 June 23rd 07 05:05 AM
A real sailboat race! Gilligan ASA 1 January 13th 07 12:39 PM
Vendee Globe virtual following in real time and real winds Hervé Le Cornec General 0 October 27th 04 12:15 PM
Vendee Globe virtual following in real time and real winds Hervé Le Cornec Power Boat Racing 0 October 27th 04 12:10 PM
2004 Melbourne-King Island Yacht Race - Results and Race Report ORCV Rudder Cup General 0 March 9th 04 03:55 AM