posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default HD DVD is for real (OT)

Just finished adding Bluray and Toshiba HD DVD to my A system.

1) These formats are fantastic! Even at 720P, picture is clearly
superior. Up to 1080P shows a smaller jump in quality, but if you have
a BIG HD set this is worth it.

2) Players are pricey. A dual format LG will cost close to a grand,
again more than Scotty's boat.

3) Movie selection is still very limited.

4) We watched the new version of King Kong and the improvement over
the standard DVD is huge.

My tip: Wait at least 6 months before getting near these formats.
You'll pay less for a player and more movies will be available. These
are best for those of you who own good/big displays.

Cheers!

Capt. RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

Very bad choice.

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap because 1080p is the way
to go.

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Very bad choice.

Choice? I have both systems!

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap because 1080p is
the way
to go.

Dumping what, Sockpuppet Loyd? I have 720P and 1080P based systems!

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

Oh, is there a system better than having both, Loyd???

BWAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
Very bad choice.

Choice? I have both systems!

BlueRay and BetaMax? Oh my!

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap because 1080p is
the way
to go.

Dumping what, Sockpuppet Loyd? I have 720P and 1080P based systems!

Why would anyone waste money on a 720P?

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

Oh, is there a system better than having both, Loyd???

Yes but one cannot purchase it at a discount store.

"Blue Ray" special on aisle 6 - better hurry up and get one!

Stop shopping at S.S. Kresge's.

Lloyd

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Oh, is there a system better than having both, Loyd???

Yes but one cannot purchase it at a discount store.

Sorry Loyd Puppet. I have both Blue ray and HD DVD. They are the only
HD system formats supported by studios. Having one and not the other
is hardly state of the art. Most BR films are not available on HD and
so on. You need both.

Bye bye, sockpuppet!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

Very bad choice.

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap because 1080p is the way
to go.

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

The key is not to make a choice. - Get one of each, but wait until the
price drops, around January-February. Also, you need a large screen HD
TV to appreciate them. - Mine is 92 inches, and it's somewhat on the
small size.

Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 27, 9:40 pm, JimC wrote:
Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

The key is not to make a choice. - Get one of each

Yup, I'm using the LG Dual format in the theatre room. It plays
everything. I have Toshiba HD in the living room. The advantages of HD
can be seen on my 42 inch screen and obviously on this system.....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/TheatreA.jpg

The fact that I have this stuff....nice audio/video, nice cars and a
nice boat....beautiful wife and son....it all drives failures like
Scotty nuts. The sockpuppets, who are even sadder, are also flipped
out by it!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message
. net...

Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

Very bad choice.

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap

because 1080p is the way
to go.

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

The key is not to make a choice. - Get one of each, but

wait until the
price drops, around January-February. Also, you need a

large screen HD
TV to appreciate them. - Mine is 92 inches, and it's

somewhat on the
small size.

We like our RCA 25'' color TV. Gets great reception.
If I turn the antennae we can get 8 different channels.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message

"JimC" wrote in message
. net...

Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

Very bad choice.

780p is even worse, stores are dumping them cheap

because 1080p is the way
to go.

Maybe if you had real money you could buy a real system.

The key is not to make a choice. - Get one of each, but

wait until the
price drops, around January-February. Also, you need a

large screen HD
TV to appreciate them. - Mine is 92 inches, and it's

somewhat on the
small size.

We like our RCA 25'' color TV. Gets great reception.
If I turn the antennae we can get 8 different channels.

Scotty

That's great! We don't even own a TV. That's even better!

Lloyd

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
On Aug 27, 9:40 pm, JimC wrote:

Lloyd Bonafide wrote:

BlueRay is going the way of BetaMax.

The key is not to make a choice. - Get one of each

Yup, I'm using the LG Dual format in the theatre room. It plays
everything. I have Toshiba HD in the living room. The advantages of HD
can be seen on my 42 inch screen and obviously on this system.....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/TheatreA.jpg

The fact that I have this stuff....nice audio/video, nice cars and a
nice boat....beautiful wife and son....it all drives failures like
Scotty nuts.

If Scotty had kept his Mac instead of buying that strange German boat he
would have plenty of money to buy a nice HD home theater.

Jim