posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default HD DVD is for real (OT)

Just finished adding Bluray and Toshiba HD DVD to my A system.

1) These formats are fantastic! Even at 720P, picture is clearly
superior. Up to 1080P shows a smaller jump in quality, but if you have
a BIG HD set this is worth it.

2) Players are pricey. A dual format LG will cost close to a grand,
again more than Scotty's boat.

3) Movie selection is still very limited.

4) We watched the new version of King Kong and the improvement over
the standard DVD is huge.

My tip: Wait at least 6 months before getting near these formats.
You'll pay less for a player and more movies will be available. These
are best for those of you who own good/big displays.

Cheers!

Capt. RB