posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Failure to Launch

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 23, 10:20 pm, "Capt. JG"

wrote:

The info on scopes says the strap broke. I can't imagine

what the guy in the
back of the boat is thinking. He doesn't look happy.

Fortunately, he wasn't
hurt.

What was he doing on the boat? I don't think
it would be allowed in this country to have someone
on board a boat while it was being hoisted.

Do you think everybody follows the rules in this country, or
anywhere else?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 23, 10:20 pm, "Capt. JG"

wrote:

The info on scopes says the strap broke. I can't imagine

what the guy in the
back of the boat is thinking. He doesn't look happy.

Fortunately, he wasn't
hurt.

What was he doing on the boat? I don't think
it would be allowed in this country to have someone
on board a boat while it was being hoisted.

Do you think everybody follows the rules in this country, or
anywhere else?

Scotty

It would likely be against the rules of the company doing the lifting... not
that it would stop someone from doing it anyway of course.... all they have
to do is explain it to their insurance company.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 23, 10:07 pm, Bart wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/badlaunch.asp

This is actually from:
http://www.cargolaw.com/2007nightmare_marquis.ride.html

Cool failure in Oz Joe ASA 2 August 23rd 06 08:45 PM
Rudder Failure Don W Cruising 0 May 31st 06 04:01 AM
When will you launch? JimH General 26 March 10th 05 03:56 AM
Tried to launch my boat today, launch ramps CLOSED! Jim General 39 January 9th 04 09:42 PM
How to launch... Rural Knight General 3 August 13th 03 04:25 PM