posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default bilge pump maintenance

You'll understand when you get a leak.
.

What I understand is if I get a leak the boat will sink and my
insurance co. will pay off and I'll get another boat. My first boat
was hit by lightening at the pier at night. A electric bilge pump
would have been destroyed along with the rest of the electronics.
Anyway the boat sank, I got paid and moved up.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article . com,
Ringmaster wrote:
My boat only has a manual bilge pump. What's really a waste is an
electric bilge pump. They just pump until the battery goes dead and
then the boat sinks.

Or the waterwitch sensor gets filmed by dirt or oil, and the pump remains
on, pumping air until it bursts into flames and burns down Clear Lake
Shores [perhaps spreading down the road to Texas City where the refinery
catches during a norther and takes out Galveston].

When people ask me where I'm from, I respond, "I'm not from anywhere, I'm
still in Texas. It's hard to get out of." From my home in Austin, it's
a three and a half hour drive to the boat.

If you can afford your dream boat, you're not dreaming hard enough.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 23, 2:46 pm, wrote:
Joe wrote:
Ever hear of a float switch ?

I have electric, manual and gasoline.

You have a gasoline float switch? I hope the switch & the pump it
controls are both non-sparking.

DSK

Yes, If stuff starts floating below I switch on the gasoline pump.
I may be sparking..

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Seahag wrote:
"Ringmaster" wrote:

Now tell me why I should fart with an electric bilge pump.

To see if the methane and the switch react?

Seahag

That would pump you out in a dang hurry...but I don't think it would do
much for the water situation...

Help with bilge pump installation il_papa General 5 December 12th 06 06:40 PM
Bilge Pump Upgrade Marc Boat Building 21 March 10th 06 02:59 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Boat Building 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Cruising 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM
Bilge Pump jflash General 11 June 1st 05 01:00 PM