posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default ...and the panic sets in?

Seahag wrote:
"katy" wrote:

Scotty wrote:

"katy" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

"Bart" wrote:

Every one of the shrouds was loose--I was tempted to
pluck them to see if I could hit a few bass notes but
they would probably be below human hearing...

Wooden boats aren't tuned like glass boats. If you
tighten all those puppies up they will push the mast
into
the keel and start some impressive leaking. Been
there
done that...

Shrouds? Shrouds?? What are they???

Strings that go up along the sides of a boat. They can
be
very handy for hanging doodads and other thingamabobs
on, such as belaying pins and ratlines. Can be made
more
interesting with the application of baggywinkle

His boat hasn't any...the sticks just sit there all on

their lonesome.....

at least he has sticks...

...that's ok...she attached the baggywinkle to her hat
until they step their sticks...makes for interesting
conversation when you go anywhere with her...

Just to round things off the engine is still sitting on the
sole of my saloon

Seahag

You can admire it there better than in a dingy old engine room....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

"Bart" wrote:

Every one of the shrouds was loose--I was tempted to
pluck them to see if I could hit a few bass notes but
they would probably be below human hearing...

Wooden boats aren't tuned like glass boats. If you tighten all those
puppies up they will push the mast into the keel and start some
impressive leaking. Been there done that...

Shrouds? Shrouds?? What are they???

Strings that go up along the sides of a boat. They can be very handy
for
hanging doodads and other thingamabobs on, such as belaying pins and
ratlines. Can be made more interesting with the application of
baggywinkle

Seahag

His boat hasn't any...the sticks just sit there all on their
lonesome.....

A Freedom?

Max

Bolger Box ....
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/lkcruise.htm

So where does one hang their baggywrinkle on such vessels?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

what I never understand is why beginner's buy a big boat
first instead of going up the ladder in an organized fashion, learning
along the way...I know that that takes time and energy, buying and
selling boats, but they could lease with another couple or
something...buying "the" boat first just creates unnecesarry angst and
often destroys the desire...

katy,

I agree completely. Anyone with your sort of experience
knows "how to do it". But many people unfortunately,
don't know "how to do it" and end up with more boat than
they can handle. The outcome is either hilarious or tragic.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 11, 10:01 am, "Seahag" wrote:
"Bart" wrote:

Every one of the shrouds was loose--I was tempted to
pluck them to see if I could hit a few bass notes but
they would probably be below human hearing...

Wooden boats aren't tuned like glass boats. If you tighten
all those puppies up they will push the mast into the keel
and start some impressive leaking. Been there done that...

Seahag

Haggie, these were very loose. How would you recommend
they be adjusted? I'd welcome your opinion.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 12, 10:02 am, katy wrote:
Seahag wrote:
"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

"Bart" wrote:

Every one of the shrouds was loose--I was tempted to
pluck them to see if I could hit a few bass notes but
they would probably be below human hearing...

Wooden boats aren't tuned like glass boats. If you
tighten all those puppies up they will push the mast into
the keel and start some impressive leaking. Been there
done that...

Shrouds? Shrouds?? What are they???

Strings that go up along the sides of a boat. They can be

Seahag

His boat hasn't any...the sticks just sit there all on their lonesome.....

He must have one of those newfangled carbon fiber fishing rods
that whip all around.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

[...]

Off the brim of your hat....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Seahag wrote:
"Flying Tadpole" wrote:
Seahag wrote:
"Bart" wrote:
Every one of the shrouds was loose--I was tempted to
pluck them to see if I could hit a few bass notes but
they would probably be below human hearing...
Wooden boats aren't tuned like glass boats. If you
tighten all those puppies up they will push the mast into
the keel and start some impressive leaking. Been there
done that...

Shrouds? Shrouds?? What are they???

Strings that go up along the sides of a boat. They can be
very handy for hanging doodads and other thingamabobs on,
such as belaying pins and ratlines. Can be made more
interesting with the application of baggywinkle

Seahag

Oh...the things the other yachties use as clotheslines?

--

Flying Tadpole
----------------------------------
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

His boat hasn't any...the sticks just sit there all on

their lonesome.....

at least he has sticks...

...that's ok...she attached the baggywinkle to her hat

to cushion her head when she passes out?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...

He must have one of those newfangled

yeah, newfangled for the year1426.

Panic funk Roger Long Cruising 8 June 9th 06 06:00 PM
Rec.boats sets Usenet Record General 0 August 23rd 05 12:49 AM
52-pound Striper Sets Maryland Record Butch Davis General 1 May 21st 05 03:57 PM
Severe cabin fever sets in. Capt. Neal® ASA 7 March 30th 05 03:37 AM
panic switch for autopilot Daniel Electronics 9 December 18th 04 03:31 PM