posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Jeff, another catamaran capsize and breakup at sea

On Aug 9, 11:37 am, Goofball_star_dot_etal
wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:37:04 -0400, Jeff wrote:
* Wilbur Hubbard wrote, On 8/3/2007 7:31 PM:
Rescue required. When are they gonna do something about dangerous,
unseaworthy catamarans?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/6930023.stm

Wilbur Hubbard

An old boat, with known structural problems has a complete structural
failure in rough weather and yet doesn't sink and all three elderly
sailors are rescued without injury. How many monohulls could break in
half, or even sustain a small puncture, without sinking?

I've been trying to find more info on this incident. It certainly
wasn't a normal cruising cat, since the two hulls are usually molded
as one, and breaking in half isn't possible without major trauma. It
was probably a racing cat converted to cruising, or a old homemade boat.

There is a bit more hehttp://www.lep.co.uk/news?articleid=3097982- Hide quoted text -

Hey Goofball, I hear you're getting more than your share of rain...

It's hot here in Texas.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:06:16 -0700, Joe
wrote:

Hey Goofball, I hear you're getting more than your share of rain...

One's summer is missing.. At least I live on a hill.