posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Scout sailing vid

Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:33:03 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Nice music! (Okay, enjoyed the video too (-
About time, eh?
What are finding out about boat during your shakedown cruises?

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 14, 5:33 pm, "Scout" wrote:
Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Looked like a nice sail Scout..I was guessing 4.2 knots then you
showed the GPS speed..right on.

Whats that hanging over the side? Not a fender I hope..

Foldgers....eucK. It's OLD Old old..chock full of fillers, and
chemicals to keep it on the shelves and warehouses and trucks for
years and years.

Fresh hand roasted Kona is the way to go.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped
the anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the
stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Nice... you might want to consider stowing the fenders, rather than having
them hanging. Also, the lazy sheet should probably be eased a bit more, as
it might distort the clew.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped
the anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the
stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Nice... you might want to consider stowing the fenders, rather than having
them hanging. Also, the lazy sheet should probably be eased a bit more, as
it might distort the clew.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jon (and Joe)
Other than aesthetics, is there any practical value to stowing the fenders
onboard? I know this doesn't look as nice, but I hate to give up any space
onboard for them. I could leave them permanently tied to the dock
(floating). I am essentially lazy when it comes to the small stuff, but, I
am always willing to listen to good advice!
Also, are you saying I should let the mainsail carry the boom? I haven't
actually tried that yet; I adjusted the lazy jacks to lift the boom enough
to clear the dodger. I've never used lazy jacks before; I do like them and
the roller furler too since I often sail shorthanded. Neal mentioned the
lazy jacks fouling the sail and I can see some contact there, although it
doesn't seem to have affected performance in any significant way. If I have
to buy a new mainsail sooner than later, I guess I can live with that, but I
doubt it.
Also, I can see getting used to adjusting the jib will take some practice.
It just doesn't look right, although the sails were full and according to
the gps, we hit 6.8 mph later that same night with 15 mph winds. The jib
sheets got tangled a bit. And, I don't quite have the hang of using the
self-tailing winches yet (it seems easier to pull the jib sheets by hand
than it is to crank the winch (sharing one handle).
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening sail. We dropped
the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night under the
stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

Nice music! (Okay, enjoyed the video too (-
About time, eh?
What are finding out about boat during your shakedown cruises?

Thanks Vic
I wrote some of my findings (questions) in my response to JG. I'll keep you
posted, but in short, I'll tell you that I am starting to love this boat. It
handles well and its shortcomings are mostly my shortcomings; as I learn
more, I'll appreciate the thought that went into the design of this boat.
There are a few things I don't and won't like. The two lines running from
the cockpit to the electric winch for the keel are not the greatest idea;
the lines are extremely hard to pull and sometimes stick (winch keeps
pulling after the line is dropped). This is a real potential problem as the
winch is capable of pulling the centerboard through the lead weight
(shearing). I'm working on an idea to change this setup. Gotta run, I'll
post more later.
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Fresh hand roasted Kona is the way to go.

Or better to be fit and healthy and don't drink coffee at all.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fresh hand roasted Kona is the way to go.

Or better to be fit and healthy and don't drink coffee at all.

RB
35s5
NY

Coffee, in moderation, is good for you, especially if you have asthma.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Not good quality, but a nice vid all the same.Good song.
Glad you are enjoying your boat.
Is that a fender dragging? A sure sign of a n00b, to
others.
How bad are the skeeters?

Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry about the camera work, but it was a great evening

sail. We dropped the
anchor in a small cove at 9:57 PM. Spent a beautiful night

under the stars.

Ol' Thom, the ending of this video is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdn9HrU-BA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Foldgers....eucK. It's OLD Old old..chock full of

fillers, and
chemicals to keep it on the shelves and warehouses and

trucks for
years and years.

That's why it's good stuff to keep on the boat.

Scotty

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 January 13th 06 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 March 6th 05 05:29 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 10th 04 05:22 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 September 10th 04 05:16 AM