posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Another Brutal Smackdown for Crantz

Crantz warrbles on (and Martin to as of late), but if you don't
actually have experience you're little more than a parrot!

Lights off on my theatre system and old movies are the best! If you
think the image looks good, you aint seen nothing. In fact, you can
see every detail in his face and watching some of these classics on a
big screem has given me new-found respect for actors of that era.

We had some neighbors over to watch over the weekend and they felt the
image was better than in a theatre. It's not, but it's damn near! Of
course the excellent sound blows away almost any public theatre.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/Keylargo.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:45:44 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Crantz warrbles on (and Martin to as of late), but if you don't
actually have experience you're little more than a parrot!

Lights off on my theatre system and old movies are the best! If you
think the image looks good, you aint seen nothing. In fact, you can
see every detail in his face and watching some of these classics on a
big screem has given me new-found respect for actors of that era.

We had some neighbors over to watch over the weekend and they felt the
image was better than in a theatre. It's not, but it's damn near! Of
course the excellent sound blows away almost any public theatre.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/Keylargo.jpg

LOL. Before I even looked at the pic and not noticing the Keylargo in
the cite, you had me thinking of Bogart's facial twitching, much of it
quite subtle, but always expressive.. And there he was.

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa

I think a lot of people would be more in awe of classic films if they
could see them BIG again. It's a "big" difference. Watching Treasure
of Sierra Madre in a theatre after it was restored was a revelation,
though I had beleived I knew the film very well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:02:06 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

I think a lot of people would be more in awe of classic films if they
could see them BIG again. It's a "big" difference. Watching Treasure
of Sierra Madre in a theatre after it was restored was a revelation,
though I had beleived I knew the film very well.

No doubt. Most people are most familiar with the severely used and
cropped versions shown on commercial TV.
Even the remastered DVD's seen in wide screen seen on a normal TV are
a great improvement over those butchered versions.
Big screen is a different experience entirely. Might get one myself,
but it's not a priority now.
Louis Malle's Atlantic City is amazing on the big screen. Seeing it
on a normal TV (27") is a major disappointment.

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
. Watching Treasure
of Sierra Madre in a theatre after it was restored was a

revelation,

you realized that you'd never amount to anything?

Vic T

SMACKDOWN LLoyd Bonafide ASA 1 March 21st 07 05:29 PM
Smackdown...Bob has no boat Capt. Rob ASA 9 July 30th 06 04:46 AM
35s5 BRUTAL!!! Bob Crantz ASA 0 November 14th 05 04:04 PM
It's a Brutal World Capt. Rob ASA 20 November 1st 05 09:42 PM