posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default I'm feeling a bit under the weather....

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. Rob wrote:

I'm off the boat for a few days. After the weekend of sailing and
swimming I ended up with a sore throat and then I overdid it with more
sailing and some time in a kayak yesterday. I'm toasted with a summer
cold. Eck. Luckily, tomorrow's a quiet day with just a few friends and
an easy BBQ. Suzanne will work the night shift and I'll recover fast.
So no sailing, pics or vids for a couple of days, folks. Sorry.

RB...the sick captain who's drinking lots of fluids.
35s5
NY

Sailing on the 4th is always a pain anyway since all the motorboaters will
be out in full force, under the influence, making wake, and then there's
the idiots on the jetskis....sailing on national holidays is never a good
idea...

Rich and Marro were nearly run down by a powerboat a couple of weeks ago.
The guy finally bothered to look in front of his boat and swerve with about
15' to spare. He was doing about 35 mph. Marro went over the side, and
Rich hesitated just long enough to have been toast if the guy hadn't turned.
Good thing he remained, as their sailboat was still underway and it would
have motored on without them if Rich had gone over.

Max

Lordy! And they're good sailors, too! Was that out on Lake MI or was it
in White Lake?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

This may be of interest:

It isn't since I was not swimming in a local lake either.
Bob, do keep up the hard work!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm off the boat for a few days. After the weekend of sailing and
swimming I ended up with a sore throat and then I overdid it with more
sailing and some time in a kayak yesterday. I'm toasted with a summer
cold. Eck. Luckily, tomorrow's a quiet day with just a few friends and
an easy BBQ. Suzanne will work the night shift and I'll recover fast.
So no sailing, pics or vids for a couple of days, folks. Sorry.

RB...the sick captain who's drinking lots of fluids.
35s5
NY

Get used to it Daddy! When you have a kid you live with a little germ
incubator. Sort of a walking, talking petri dish. They play with dirt
and they play with dirty kids. They slobber, cough and sneeze all over
each other. They always have some low grade virus or another their
undeveloped immune systems are fighting off. In the meanwhile, incubate
and mutate go the virus and bacteria. Just in time for Daddy and Mommy
to get a good dose when they slobber all over the child. You asked for
it, you got it, Toyota!

But, get well soon. Try to keep your resistance higher to help ward off
the next onslaught. Lot's of anti-oxidants please.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. Rob wrote:

[...]

White, just short of the narrows.

Max

Fed Register: High Frequency (HF) Radio Broadcasts of Marine Weather Forecasts may soon end [email protected] General 18 July 19th 07 06:16 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM