posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default I'm feeling a bit under the weather....

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. Rob wrote:

I'm off the boat for a few days. After the weekend of sailing and
swimming I ended up with a sore throat and then I overdid it with more
sailing and some time in a kayak yesterday. I'm toasted with a summer
cold. Eck. Luckily, tomorrow's a quiet day with just a few friends and
an easy BBQ. Suzanne will work the night shift and I'll recover fast.
So no sailing, pics or vids for a couple of days, folks. Sorry.

RB...the sick captain who's drinking lots of fluids.
35s5
NY

Sailing on the 4th is always a pain anyway since all the motorboaters
will be out in full force, under the influence, making wake, and then
there's the idiots on the jetskis....sailing on national holidays is
never a good idea...

Rich and Marro were nearly run down by a powerboat a couple of weeks ago.
The guy finally bothered to look in front of his boat and swerve with
about 15' to spare. He was doing about 35 mph. Marro went over the
side, and Rich hesitated just long enough to have been toast if the guy
hadn't turned. Good thing he remained, as their sailboat was still
underway and it would have motored on without them if Rich had gone over.

Max

Lordy! And they're good sailors, too! Was that out on Lake MI or was it
in White Lake?

White, just short of the narrows.

Max