posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Man Overboard Drills

Hey Capt'n's

When conducting man overboard drills in an area that other boaters
often travel do you have to give notice to the USCG ? If not... should
you?

What is the proper procedure?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Capt'n's

When conducting man overboard drills in an area that other boaters
often travel do you have to give notice to the USCG ? If not... should
you?

What is the proper procedure?

Joe

We've don't generally notify the CG, but there have been some exceptions. It
really depends on the level of drill you're doing and level of traffic in
the area. For example, during some scheduled COB drills examining the
different techniques (hosted by one of the local YCs), the CG was actually
involved and obviously had notice, and they gave their approval weeks in
advance. The drills involved people in the water during fairly challenging
conditions (strong currents/high winds). I believe the CG issued one or more
Securitys prior to the drills. There are times when a normally busy area in
the SF bay is not busy and times when a normally empty area is busy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Make a simple "Security" call

Joe wrote in news:1182451292.095665.80340
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Hey Capt'n's

When conducting man overboard drills in an area that other boaters
often travel do you have to give notice to the USCG ? If not... should
you?

What is the proper procedure?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
25.201...

Make a simple "Security" call

No such thing! Did you mean a "SAY-CUR-IT-TAY" call?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Whatever. If your IQ, experience, and common sense levels are so
pathetically low that you are unable to equate "security" with "securite",
within the context of the post, then, yes, what I meant was that childish
spelling of the word you use below.

"Gregory Hall" wrote in news:11bihm.ahu.19.1
@news.alt.net:

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
25.201...

Make a simple "Security" call

No such thing! Did you mean a "SAY-CUR-IT-TAY" call?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I'm using the Makita with the Ion battery system. I can wrap a rescue
line around a large bit and bring a person to the swimplatform with
it. Best MOB Drill you can buy!

http://bfads.net/items/homedepot_036.jpg

Dewalt for the home/job and Makita for the yacht!!!

RB
35s5
NY

Crew Overboard Practice Target Matthew Carmel Cruising 3 December 1st 05 02:59 PM
Crew Overboard Practice Target Matthew Carmel ASA 8 December 1st 05 12:45 AM
Crew Overboard Practice Target Matthew Carmel General 9 November 30th 05 08:30 PM
Death by Swim Platform! Bob Crantz ASA 1 November 18th 05 07:02 PM
Overboard again??? someone ASA 2 June 27th 03 02:10 AM