Matthew Carmel

Default Crew Overboard Practice Target

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

UglyDan®©™

When I was in the Navy //////. A COB was ....sigh.

Night Oscar.
UD

Lord Reginald Smithers

Tom,
This kind of MOB marker is common on sailboats. I am not PC so I refuse to
call it a COB. I am sure you can find something similar at all marine
stores.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:27:17 -0500, "Matthew Carmel"
wrote:

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

It's a hell of a lat easier to use something a little more realistic -
like a PFD with a light or overboard strobe.

Cheaper too I'll bet.

Later,

Tom

Dag Stenberg

wrote:

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

It's a hell of a lat easier to use something a little more realistic -
like a PFD with a light or overboard strobe.

I think the device is useful, because it can also be used in a real
situation - throw it after the victim ASAP, and it will mark the
position. A friend of mine has a similar, self-made device without the flashing
LED.

Dag Stenberg
Lord Reginald Smithers

It is also required equipment for most offshore racing. The advantage of
the pole with the flag is it helps find a MOB during the day. The strobes
are most effective during nighttime, and in bright daylight in heavy seas
might be useless.

wrote:

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

It's a hell of a lat easier to use something a little more realistic -
like a PFD with a light or overboard strobe.

I think the device is useful, because it can also be used in a real
situation - throw it after the victim ASAP, and it will mark the
position. A friend of mine has a similar, self-made device without the
flashing
LED.

Dag Stenberg

Lord Reginald Smithers

This person advertised it as a practice device in rec.boats, but the web
page highlighted that it is a fully functional MOB pole with strobe. I have
no idea why he thought he could sell more by advertising it as a practice
target.

I hope you noticed I call it a MOB and not a COB. ; )

wrote:

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

It's a hell of a lat easier to use something a little more realistic -
like a PFD with a light or overboard strobe.

I think the device is useful, because it can also be used in a real
situation - throw it after the victim ASAP, and it will mark the
position. A friend of mine has a similar, self-made device without the
flashing
LED.

I thought it's advertised as a "practice" device?

*JimH*

wrote:

I have developed a device for day or night time crew overboard
recovery
practice drills. Details may be found at www.cobtarget.com.

It's a hell of a lat easier to use something a little more realistic -
like a PFD with a light or overboard strobe.

I think the device is useful, because it can also be used in a real
situation - throw it after the victim ASAP, and it will mark the
position. A friend of mine has a similar, self-made device without the
flashing
LED.

I thought it's advertised as a "practice" device?

I wonder if he sells a KOB (Krause overboard) device to throw to him if he
fell overboard?

If not, here is an idea for one:

http://tinyurl.com/9vml2

Just keeedeeng Harry..........just keeedeeng! ;-)

*JimH* wrote:

I wonder if he sells a KOB (Krause overboard) device to throw to him if he
fell overboard?

Harry is going to call the police, the FBI, the CIA, Interpol, Scotland
Yard, and the UN on you for that. But, to be like you, he'll have to
call them on someone else besides you......

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:

I wonder if he sells a KOB (Krause overboard) device to throw to him if
he
fell overboard?

Harry is going to call the police, the FBI, the CIA, Interpol, Scotland
Yard, and the UN on you for that. But, to be like you, he'll have to
call them on someone else besides you......

Poo Kevin....he will never get it.

Death by Swim Platform! Bob Crantz ASA 1 November 18th 05 07:02 PM
The Attributes of an Outstanding Skipper Bart Senior ASA 112 November 11th 05 12:19 AM