posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Best Pocket Cruiser

Why are you limiting the size to ''18-22 ft. '' ?

SBV

"Ben Turpin" wrote in message
I need some recommendations for a pocket cruiser in the

size 18-22 ft.
It must be trailerable. I've looked at the more obvious

ones such as
the Catalina 22 and WWP-19. Any others I should look at?

At Compacs
really worth the premium?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You people are dumber than stale toast.

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/hp/benturpin1.html

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:
You people are dumber than stale toast.

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/hp/benturpin1.html

You have a point there, Bubbles. Whenever anybody asks a question in
this forum, one should always run an internet search on all possible
info revealed in their posts instead of assuming that it's a real
person with a real question. Especially if they appear to be
interested in really sailing.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Whenever anybody asks a question in
this forum, one should always run an internet search

If you had any background in the arts, cinema or otherwise, you'd have
known who Ben Turpin was to begin with. He was insured against his
eyes uncrossing....and I learned about him in my HS film class. Later
I saw some of his work at the Thalia during their comedy greats
festival. I don't know a single person who's so out of touch and
ignorant that they don't know who Turpin, Harold Loyd or Keaton were.
Beyond that the topic posted is a sure sign of a troll.
You and Scotty are so eager to crawl up someone's ass it's pathetic.
Don't forget to inform people that you don't even own a sailboat, and
motor around like most stink potters.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jun 21, 6:22 pm, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:06:40 -0000, "Capt. Rob" said:

I don't know a single person who's so out of touch and
ignorant that they don't know who Turpin, Harold Loyd or Keaton were.

That's quite an admission of your own insularity.

A fairly big star at one time, Ben Turpin can still be seen on TCM and
clips of his films are used in TV and print media/ads. The cross-eye'd
comic is still known by plenty of people, even if he doesn't come up
in casual conversations for trailer trash like Scotty and Doug. Of
course they HAVE heard of Paris Hilton and know all about HER.
Ben Turpin appeared in over 220 films and even worked with Laurel &
Hardy on the year of his death.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

....and I learned about him in my HS film class.

Nerd alert! NERD Alert !!!

Mwaa haa ha haaa.... what a freaking geek.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 6/21/2007 6:38 PM:
On Jun 21, 6:22 pm, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:06:40 -0000, "Capt. Rob" said:

I don't know a single person who's so out of touch and
ignorant that they don't know who Turpin, Harold Loyd or Keaton were.

That's quite an admission of your own insularity.

A fairly big star at one time, Ben Turpin can still be seen on TCM and
clips of his films are used in TV and print media/ads. The cross-eye'd
comic is still known by plenty of people, even if he doesn't come up
in casual conversations for trailer trash like Scotty and Doug. Of
course they HAVE heard of Paris Hilton and know all about HER.
Ben Turpin appeared in over 220 films and even worked with Laurel &
Hardy on the year of his death.

So you're claiming that anyone with a possibly faked handle must be a
troll? Perhaps his name really is Ben Turpin.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Paris Hilton" wrote in message
*

So you're claiming that anyone with a possibly faked

handle must be a
troll? Perhaps his name really is Ben Turpin.

Hi Paris, how was prison?

Scotty (call me)

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

A fairly big star at one time, Ben Turpin can still be

seen on TCM and
clips of his films are used in TV and print media/ads. The

cross-eye'd
comic is still known by plenty of people, even if he

doesn't come up
in casual conversations

So you think that was the real ''Ben Turpin'' posting. What
a dope !

SBV