posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 1D35--first races

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"Maxprop" wrote in message
. earthlink.net...

Where did you think we went after Saturday's races?

a whorehouse?

SV

Ain't none where he was...they're all dyed in the wool Lutherans
there...

Say what??? Have you forgotten about all those Dutch Reformed?

Max

In Whitehall? Not many...mostly Lutherans...that's why all the Danish
stuff during the 4th of July parade (I don't think Ms. Asparagus is
Danish, though...)

We aren't racing in Whitehall.

Max

eeewwwwww...you're racing "down there"???? OK...yeah...you are surrounded
by them....I was referring to your night on A dock though unless you've
moved to a different A dock...BTW, we just stripped the jib off
Chanteuse, got out the extra lines required by the marina, and
sheepshanked down the main for hurricane season...still have a few more
things to do (the marina is really proactive about hurricane
preparation)...at least we are in a hole so don't have to have the boat
pulled or anchored out somewhere...still have to tie the dinghy to a
tree....

We're still on A-dock, but several years ago we moved out to Denny
Schimmel's (White Horse) old slip--next to the last one farthest out on
the north side. It's a 50' slip, so we can get the Whaler in front of
Clover.

No hurricanes here. Good luck.

Max

Next to D&G????My, you're brave? I'd fear for my life every time their
boat left the dock....

D&G sold their boat two years ago. They live in FL now. We were only next
to them for half of one season. Pat and Joan have that slip now, along with
the attendant problems you can imagine with them. We share a finger with
Roni and Marv.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Edgar wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"Maxprop" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Where did you think we went after Saturday's races?

a whorehouse?

SV

Ain't none where he was...they're all dyed in the wool Lutherans there...

Say what??? Have you forgotten about all those Dutch Reformed?

Max

In Whitehall? Not many...mostly Lutherans...that's why all the Danish
stuff during the 4th of July parade (I don't think Ms. Asparagus is
Danish, though...)

Asparagus?? Way TMI

hahahahaha.....West Michigan is known for its' asparagus production (I
have a wonderful bed of it on our property) and so they have a Ms.
Asparagus beauty pageant...I believe there is a Ms. Blueberry too....Ms
Asparagus has to wear this dress that resembles a stalk of asparagus in
her public appearances....is quite weird....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message
.. .

Scotty wrote:

"Maxprop" wrote in message
[...]

Ah! So a boatload of kids on one side and the big kid on the other....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

If you learned to sail in Colorado shouldn't you have mastered reading
the wind? It changes every minute in direction and intensity.

Amen to that, but that was one hell of a long time ago. I'm rusty. And
when talking about intensity, Colorado mountain lakes have that in
spades.

Max

Just last week:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weat...s=den&psp=news

Colorado hurricane? g

I'm sure I've related our experience racing Ensigns on Lake Dillon, when we
started out in 75 degrees, 7 kts., shorts, t-shirts, and ended up shivering
in foulies in horizontally-driven snow.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...
Saturday and Sunday were our first races in the new (to us) one-design
class. Fortunately they were pre-season, and not scored. We were
abysmal for the first two. My three additional crew are two young men
with extensive dinghy experience and a middle-aged woman who has
forgotten more about sail trim and tactics than most sailors will ever
know. I'm lucky to have such great people. I hope they'll stay with me
for most of the season. Some crew changes are expected and normal, as
peoples' schedules have conflicts, but good crew seem to be plentiful
where we race.

Sounds like a great weekend. But do not let her know you called her
'middle aged' (:-

I was being polite. She's a shade over 60, but I'd put her up against any
30 year old in terms of strength, fitness, knowledge of racing and tactics,
and just plain good looks. She's amazing. She calls herself "an old hag,"
but she could easily pass for a healthy mid-40s. My wife and she hit it off
instantly. I think they are conspiring against me, planning to do something
dastardly.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"katy" wrote in message
. ..

Scotty wrote:

"Maxprop" wrote in message
s.earthlink.net...

[...]

Bingo.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
"Edgar" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Probably well deserved....

August 2006 boat races La grange Missouri George Ewart General 0 August 5th 06 09:54 PM
No rules rec races (west coast esp) [email protected] General 1 July 9th 06 08:20 AM
A day at the (log) races [email protected] General 1 April 13th 06 05:45 AM
Basic Racing Query Capt. Rob ASA 4 January 5th 06 08:58 PM
Devices for startign and finishing races Russ General 3 August 26th 03 12:26 PM