posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Hey Max! More car stuff....

My friend just bought a Porsche Cayman S and I drove it for a
while....impressive all-around sports car. No, it's not much faster
than my Legacy Turbo (if aft all), but the handling is true and
certainly excellent. Going with pink springs and Bilstiens will make
the GT handle even better, but a two seater she'll never be.
So I'm thinking of the Cayman S for next summer...and then I'll call
it quits for cars for a while.

I'm looking for wheels for now.....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.../carnew001.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 8, 9:15 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
My friend just bought a Porsche Cayman S and I drove it for a
while....impressive all-around sports car. No, it's not much faster
than my Legacy Turbo (if aft all), but the handling is true and
certainly excellent. Going with pink springs and Bilstiens will make
the GT handle even better, but a two seater she'll never be.
So I'm thinking of the Cayman S for next summer...and then I'll call
it quits for cars for a while.

I'm looking for wheels for now.....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.../carnew001.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

Hey Rob. That was a dumb move to buy the car with aluminum sport rims
when you plan to go to aftermarket rims.

Have you got one of them Phat mufflers that POP, and ground effect
neon lighting yet?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Rob. That was a dumb move to buy the car with aluminum sport rims
when you plan to go to aftermarket rims.

Way to know your cars, Joe. You think I should have ordered a GT Turbo
Limited without the rims? Zowee!

Have you got one of them Phat mufflers that POP, and ground effect
neon lighting yet?

The LGT is considered a Q car, Joe. Know what that means? Probably
not.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 8, 11:02 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Hey Rob. That was a dumb move to buy the car with aluminum sport rims
when you plan to go to aftermarket rims.

The LGT is considered a Q car, Joe. Know what that means? Probably
not.

RB
35s5
NY

Looks more like a K car (Dodge)...Know what that means?

You just going to throw away thoses rims? Maybe you can get 20 bucks
each from the rim dealer.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Looks more like a K car (Dodge)...Know what that means?

You just going to throw away thoses rims? Maybe you can get 20 bucks
each from the rim dealer.

LGT Rims bring about 125 a pop on ebay. As for the K Car...sure I know
what that was. More US Build tragedy. Sorry you don't have a nice car,
or a fast car or even a luxury car, Joe. That's rough at your age.
Then again at your age so much is missing that a car probably seems
like a small item.
I have a pair of watches that cost more than your car...actually, if I
sold them they might be worth more than your houseboat!!!

BWAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 8, 12:24 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

I have a pair of watches that cost more than your car...actually, if I
sold them they might be worth more than your houseboat!!!

BWAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA!

RB
35s5
NY

Material Girl...you rock with your rice burners and watches.

Speaking of Houses..see the house on Red stilts on the cut, has the
mobil cherry picker parked in front? Do you think thats a better place
to live then say ...your house? With new central air and paint of
course...Water Front Living, great views, 80 ft of dock, 3 bedroom,
office, and workshop. What do you think?

http://marinas.com/view/marina/4117

If you look carefully you can see my truck and car. Taken just before
Hurricane Rita. Infact everyone on the docks is getting ready. I bet
someone photographed all the local marinas hoping to sell before
pictures to the owners.

Notice the George Buler Dragonfly? RedClouds bow is peaking out from
around a corner.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Speaking of Houses..see the house on Red stilts on the cut, has the
mobil cherry picker parked in front? Do you think thats a better
place
to live then say ...your house?

Nope, we moved here not just for the beautiful setting and our own
land, but also for the schools that we have direct experience with.
The entire community is geared around raising kids and we've got our
own stream, pond and 6 nearby lakes, not to mention the boat. The
photo you sent looks conjested and unpleasant for Thomas.
Once again you're vision is short since you lack the responsibility,
and a joyful one it is, of having a son.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in

Sorry ,I don't have a nice car,

But Joe has a nice truck.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 8, 1:37 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Speaking of Houses..see the house on Red stilts on the cut, has the
mobil cherry picker parked in front? Do you think thats a better
place
to live then say ...your house?

Nope, we moved here not just for the beautiful setting and our own
land, but also for the schools that we have direct experience with.
The entire community is geared around raising kids and we've got our
own stream, pond and 6 nearby lakes, not to mention the boat. The
photo you sent looks conjested and unpleasant for Thomas.
Once again you're vision is short since you lack the responsibility,
and a joyful one it is, of having a son.

RB
35s5
NY

Bwahahaha SOCCER mom a 45 years old....good grief Charlie Brown took
you long enough. My stepson has kids Thomas's age.. you will be 65+
before he gets out of high school. Your golden years will not start
until you're 80+. You are way behind the curve bubbles..way behind the
curve.

PTA, After School, Soccer, Homework, Laundry, ect..ect..ect you are
right, a big white couch potato would sicken all the babes in boats
that cruise by the 60X20 ft patio that overlooks the waterway. That
kind of space is way to much for a family man, it's great for parties
and such with adults. Oh well some of us will just have to suffer thru
it all..

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bwahahaha SOCCER mom a 45 years old....good grief Charlie Brown took
you long enough.

And yet you never did it.

My stepson has kids Thomas's age.. you will be 65+
before he gets out of high school.

Which HS did YOU go to? I'll be 59 years old. Most of the men live
well into their 90's in my family.

Your golden years will not start
until you're 80+.

Golden years? You mean when I'm having the time of my life with my
son, driving sports cars, sailing boats and having a blast? Oh
yeah...that's now!

You are way behind the curve bubbles..way behind the
curve.

Then how is it that you NEVER had a son or daughter and live on a
cumpled boat and drive a crappy car? How is it that I live in a paid
for home and drive paid for cars? Which curve did you get ahead of,
cuz I want to avoid it!

PTA, After School, Soccer, Homework, Laundry,

You don't do laundry, Joe?

Oh well some of us will just have to suffer thru

Let's compare pics of the ladies I sail with the summer with yours.
Then we'll see who's suffering, okay?

Joe, you're one sad guy with a pretty empty life.

RB
35s5
NY