Aaron

Default Interesting Stuff from Miami Boatshows

I had a chance to spend a couple days at Strictly Sail and the
International Boatshow in Miami, checking out the new gear and gadgets.
And I've begun posting some of the items at www.navagear.com, a daily
weblog for this sort of thing. And I'd be delighted to take requests
for items to look into and write up.

Some things I've posted, and others coming up:

Raymarine E-series displays
Raymarine wireless autopilot remotes
LED lighting
Remote Operated Vehicles
NMEA 2000 marine networking
Glacier Bay electric propulsion
Stainless Steel Safe
ACR handheld GPS EPIRB
Bridgenorth Boathook/Bailer
Tropikool Sterling Cycle Refrigeration
XM Weather

Anybody else want to share some of the interesting stuff they may have
seen?

Aaron Tinling
s/v Sweet Destiny
www.navagear.com

mark

Your mention of the Bridgenorth Bailer caught my attention. Great product!
I was unable to find it on your website, but will assume it will be added
shortly. Great website too Aaron! I have added it to my favorites to
check back periodically.

For those folks looking for something to mount / stow the Bailer, our
company manufactures Rail, Canopy, & LifeLine hooks that fill the need,
along with many other applications as well such as routing shorepower
cables. For more information, please visit our site at
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm or email me direct (info on website).

We contemplated doing the Miami Boat Show this year especially after the
owner of the Bailer company began telling me about it, but maybe next year.
We have a growing list of retailers in Canada for our product and recently
landed a national distributor for Canada as well, and the Miami show could
be a venue to bridge into the US.

Mark

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

WillT

Anybody else want to share some of the interesting stuff they may have
seen?

- Defender had an incredible deal on cell phone amplifiers ($300). I bought
one.

- As long as I'm talking about cell phones, Maptech was showing their charts
on a cell phone. I can see many reasons why I'd like to have this at the
helm.

-Will

Wayne.B

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:41:24 GMT, "WillT" wrote:
- Defender had an incredible deal on cell phone amplifiers ($300). I bought
one.

- As long as I'm talking about cell phones, Maptech was showing their charts
on a cell phone. I can see many reasons why I'd like to have this at the
helm.

========================

Maptech BSB charts on your laptop or PDA are definitely a nice thing
to have, wouldn't leave the dock with out them.

Have you had a chance to try out your amplifier yet and do some
comparison testing?

Aaron

I was contacted by the creator of software that runs on the Smartphone
OS, as well as a version for the PocketPC, now sold through Maptech as
Outdoor Navigator. I've been evaluating the PocketPC version, and I've
been pretty impressed. The best part of the deal, though, is that you
get free access to all the Maptech NOAA charts and USGS Topos. They are
in a format that only work with this particular program, but it's still
an outstanding deal. I'll be posting more about the product on
www.navagear.com, when I've finished the write up.

Aaron Tinling
s/v Sweet Destiny
www.navagear.com

WillT

Maptech BSB charts on your laptop or PDA are definitely a nice thing
to have, wouldn't leave the dock with out them.

No, I'm talking about having the Maptech chart data on your cell phone -
there are some Microsoft Smartphone phones out there that can show the
complete charts data on a device clipped to your belt!

They had a handful of these phones. They connect to a GPS and show you
where you are, etc. You can even plot a route on the thing and follow it
while it gives you distance-to-go and time-to-go, etc. I was very
impressed. I'm looking to buy one of those phones now.

Have you had a chance to try out your amplifier yet and do some
comparison testing?

I hooked it up in a temporary way. It seems to give me 3 bars when I had
only a single bar so it is doing something. I need to take some time and
install it properly.

-Will