posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Australia update

Subject: Australian Guns Law Update! Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:37:44
+0000
Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts... From: Ed Chenel, A
police officer in Australia:

Hi Yanks, I though t you all would like to see the real figures from
Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia
were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be
destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent
(yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
percent .

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in
the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their
prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins
and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has
decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in
"successfully ridding Australian society of guns."

You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor
or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of
honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws
affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
[...]

Where did you get that and can it be substantiated beyond just his say-so?
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 12, 9:25 pm, katy wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Where did you get that and can it be substantiated beyond just his say-so?- Hide quoted text -

My dad sent it to me...so it must be so ;0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 12, 9:45 pm, OzOne wrote:
On 12 May 2007 19:18:21 -0700, Joe
scribbled thusly:

[...]

Joe, the new gun control laws were enacted in 1996.

Seems our"police officer" is just a little out of touch.

Oh and you might read thishttp://www.converge.org.nz/pma/gunaus.htm

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.- Hide quoted text -

Must be ten times as worse now...huh?

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 12, 9:48 pm, OzOne wrote:
On 12 May 2007 19:27:24 -0700, Joe
scribbled thusly:

My dad sent it to me...so it must be so ;0)

Joe

Your dad a gun totin loon who will believe anything that suits his
POV?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

He a retired Nuke engineer. Designed nuke power plants from
submarines to TVA's largest plants. Also worked for NASA during the
apollo missions, designed parts on the F-111 and many General Dynamic
products. Korean war vet. Worked his way through collage driving a
cab.

Gun totin loon...No. However he is a collector and likes to shoot. As
kids he taught us gun safety and often brought us target shooting.

He also was awarded a big gold medal from the President for staying
and a Nuke plant in Florida during the worst hurricane in Floridas
history.

He's in his 70's and has never broken any laws ,( except that time he
was picking up rocks in Florida) pays taxes, he's not offended by the
phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

He's never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in
public places.

He says Christmas instead of Winter Festival.

He bows his head when someone prays.

He stands and places his hand over his heart when they play the
National Anthem.

He treats all vets with great respect, and always has.

He's never burned an American flag.

He knows what he believes and is not afraid to say so, no matter who
is listening.

He taught us to respect your elders and expect your kids to do the
same.

He would give his last dollar to a friend.

Most likely not a Crackerbox palace kind of guy Oz...

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 12, 10:48 pm, OzOne wrote:
On 12 May 2007 20:31:28 -0700, Joe
scribbled thusly:

On May 12, 9:48 pm, OzOne wrote:
[...]

But yet he still disseminates gun loon stories without any knowledge
of the facts.. anyone who feels the need to do such should at least
try and acquaint himself with things that have been in place for over
10 years.

Maybe it's because the guy claimed to be a police officer that led to
people having some misplaced respect.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.- Hide quoted text -

Are you saying the facts are incorrect? Even if a bit dated.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 13, 7:15 am, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 12 May 2007 19:18:21 -0700, Joe wrote:

+0000
Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts... From: Ed Chenel, A
police officer in Australia:

Joe, you are an IDIOT who will fall for anything. Your latest post proved it.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

So the figures are correct. Not only did I hook the OZ fish, the BB
jumped right in the boat to flop about.

You still leaning up against trees to shoot your pistol BB?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 13, 9:12 am, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 13 May 2007 07:01:55 -0700, Joe wrote:

On May 13, 7:15 am, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 12 May 2007 19:18:21 -0700, Joe wrote:

+0000
Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts... From: Ed Chenel, A
police officer in Australia:

Joe, you are an IDIOT who will fall for anything. Your latest post proved it.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

So the figures are correct. Not only did I hook the OZ fish, the BB
jumped right in the boat to flop about.

You still leaning up against trees to shoot your pistol BB?

Joe

article to you, dimwit.

CWM- Hide quoted text -

Flop fish flop...See BB flop. Did the tree sway much when you shot
that hand cannon?

The precentiles are correct. Oz is more dangerious for law abiding
citizens. A haven for gun armed criminals. If guns are outlawed than
only outlaws will have guns.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 12 May 2007 20:51:25 -0700, Joe
scribbled thusly:

On May 12, 9:48 pm, OzOne wrote:
[...]

I'm saying that the whole thing is a concoction by someone who knows
that some people will believe it because he claims to be a cop.

I tend not to believe anything of that nature without substantiation. I
would be interested, however, in knowing exactly what the facts are w/r/t
Australia since the gun grab. Do you have that info?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in,

the
criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

Wow, who'd a thunk it !