posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Oh No!!! Mister Bill!!!!!!!

Well, it's another miserable day for Sloco and the rest of you....

But it's a sweet day again for Capt. RB. Last night we pretty much
settled on buying the C&C 99 for next season. There's still a little
matter of a test sail, but I have little doubt that the boat will be
fantastic. It will be interesting to see how much we'll make on Heart
of Gold, but my guess will be around 10K.

http://tinyurl.com/ytuwq6

See ya later!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, it's another miserable day for Sloco and the rest of you....

But it's a sweet day again for Capt. RB. Last night we pretty much
settled on buying the C&C 99 for next season. There's still a little
matter of a test sail, but I have little doubt that the boat will be
fantastic. It will be interesting to see how much we'll make on Heart
of Gold, but my guess will be around 10K.

http://tinyurl.com/ytuwq6

See ya later!

This one I don't understand, Bubbles. You have a pretty nice boat with an
attractive interior and a fair turn of speed. AFAIK you don't engage in
club or level racing. So you're giving up your nice racer/cruiser for a
boat that's more racer than cruiser. I've been aboard 99s and frankly I
think they are terribly spartan and bordering on ugly inside. The one owner
I spoke with told me of all the boats he's owned--nine, including a Mumm 30
and OD35--the C&C 99 is the most difficult to sail well and to her rating.
He said it's a fussy boat that requires constant attention from the helm to
extract the performance promised by the manufacturer. He also remarked that
the boat was not particularly comfortable, whatever that means. This was
last year, and he disliked the boat enough that I'm confident he's sold it
by now.

With all this money you've been flaunting, I'm surprised you're not
considering a newer Tartan 40-something or a Sabre. Even an X-boat or a
Sweden Yachts of 40 or so feet would seem more to the point, especially with
your growing family. I don't even board the C&Cs any longer at boat shows.
Where they used to be high quality yachts with decent interiors and good
sailing habits, I think they've followed the cheap Euro charter boat
philosophy of late, with homely interiors, lots of flimsy plastic, and
prices that will buy much nicer boats from a variety of manufacturers.

Please explain.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Just this morning we decided to buy a Swan 65' for next
season.

Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

oups.com..
..

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Max, I have a bridge for sale!

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

oups.com..
..

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 May 2007 08:37:09 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

Hey Max, I have a bridge for sale!

Yeah, but if you sell it, how will Lisa chew her cud?

hypocrite

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Maxprop wrote, On 5/3/2007 8:21 AM:
With all this money you've been flaunting, I'm surprised you're not
considering a newer Tartan 40-something or a Sabre. Even an X-boat or a
Sweden Yachts of 40 or so feet would seem more to the point, especially with
your growing family. I don't even board the C&Cs any longer at boat shows.
Where they used to be high quality yachts with decent interiors and good
sailing habits, I think they've followed the cheap Euro charter boat
philosophy of late, with homely interiors, lots of flimsy plastic, and
prices that will buy much nicer boats from a variety of manufacturers.

What need would Bob have with a cruising boat like a Sabre or Tartan?
He has no desire for a boat designed for longer cruises. In fact,
the extra 8K lbs would just be a liability trying to leave the dock.
Bob is looking for a lighter, faster daysailer that provides the most
fun on a 1 hour jaunt with a pickup crew. Nothing wrong with that,
Bob is just acknowledging that the performance is more important to
him right now than the comfort.

As for his "growing" family, it will be a few years before Thom (and
any additions) are taking up much space on a daysailer; Bob will be
selling 99 in a year or two anyways.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Congratulations are in order! I am very happy for you. I know you are a
person who makes very wise choices after careful consideration. The C&C 99
will serve you well. You have sailed many different types of boats and sail
on an almost daily basis so I know you will enjoy the 99 from a seasoned
perspective. At this point in your life I would urge you to buy a brand new
one outfitted exactly as you desire. Don't skimp in any way as life is too
short and too precious to be spent counting pennies when enjoyment pays back
in dollars. Again, let me be first to offer a hearty congratulations and
wishes for the entire family to benefit from maximum enjoyment.

Bob Crantz

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 3, 8:41 am, "Bob Crantz" wrote:
Congratulations are in order! I am very happy for you. I know you are a
person who makes very wise choices after careful consideration. The C&C 99
will serve you well. You have sailed many different types of boats and sail
on an almost daily basis so I know you will enjoy the 99 from a seasoned
perspective. At this point in your life I would urge you to buy a brand new
one outfitted exactly as you desire. Don't skimp in any way as life is too
short and too precious to be spent counting pennies when enjoyment pays back
in dollars. Again, let me be first to offer a hearty congratulations and
wishes for the entire family to benefit from maximum enjoyment.

Bob Crantz

Will not serve anyone well offshore with that big assed open stern.
Nothing to keep a huge wave from flopping aboard astern and washing
everything away, just like that Ozzy fellow got washed over with the
12 meter wave this week. He was even harnessed in. Dont take that day
sailor out on the ocean Rob, unless you name her Death Wish.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

news

wrote:

Hey Max, I have a bridge for sale!

Yeah, but if you sell it, how will Lisa chew her cud?

hypocrite

Now that's just plain mean. Besides, I'm the f*cking hypocrite you ignorant
b*astard. g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On May 3, 7:22?am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Well, it's another miserable day for Sloco and the rest of you....

Last night we pretty much
settled on buying the C&C 99 for next season. There's still a little
matter of a test sail, but I have little doubt that the boat will be
fantastic.

Details. What's the hull number?