posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Oh No!!! Mister Bill!!!!!!!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, it's another miserable day for Sloco and the rest of you....

But it's a sweet day again for Capt. RB. Last night we pretty much
settled on buying the C&C 99 for next season. There's still a little
matter of a test sail, but I have little doubt that the boat will be
fantastic. It will be interesting to see how much we'll make on Heart
of Gold, but my guess will be around 10K.

http://tinyurl.com/ytuwq6

See ya later!

This one I don't understand, Bubbles. You have a pretty nice boat with an
attractive interior and a fair turn of speed. AFAIK you don't engage in
club or level racing. So you're giving up your nice racer/cruiser for a
boat that's more racer than cruiser. I've been aboard 99s and frankly I
think they are terribly spartan and bordering on ugly inside. The one owner
I spoke with told me of all the boats he's owned--nine, including a Mumm 30
and OD35--the C&C 99 is the most difficult to sail well and to her rating.
He said it's a fussy boat that requires constant attention from the helm to
extract the performance promised by the manufacturer. He also remarked that
the boat was not particularly comfortable, whatever that means. This was
last year, and he disliked the boat enough that I'm confident he's sold it
by now.

With all this money you've been flaunting, I'm surprised you're not
considering a newer Tartan 40-something or a Sabre. Even an X-boat or a
Sweden Yachts of 40 or so feet would seem more to the point, especially with
your growing family. I don't even board the C&Cs any longer at boat shows.
Where they used to be high quality yachts with decent interiors and good
sailing habits, I think they've followed the cheap Euro charter boat
philosophy of late, with homely interiors, lots of flimsy plastic, and
prices that will buy much nicer boats from a variety of manufacturers.

Please explain.

Max