posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default How many more?

Nope, blame a system which allows someone who is under treatment for
depression yet can walk up to the counter in a gunshop, slap down a
credit card and walk out with a pistol and ammunition...no check, no
wait...

Doesn't work that way. People under treatment for severe psychiactric
treatment are not allowed to purchase firearms. Handguns have a
mandatory waiting list and non-residents can't buy them anyways. And
everyone is suppossed to get checked.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote:
On 17 Apr 2007 12:24:24 -0700, Bill
scribbled thusly:

Before proper gun control is instituted.....or are you really that
afraid of everything?

Yes lets blame the gun. it's the guns fault those people are dead,
not the person who knowingly killed them. Nope if holding that gun
was illegal he would have never done it I mean KILLING people isn't
illegal or anything. Plus it's always a good idea to restrict the
freedoms of people out of fear and control. It really doen't help
make people safer just gives that illusion. Do you know who were huge
supporters of gun control? Hitler, Stalin, Polpot and Mussilini. The
people thought just like you, that it would make them safer and give
them a better more civilized country. But that's somehow different.
Robbing you of freedoms is okay if the people are to stupid to realize
it like in your country. Most Americans are to and that really
bothers me. You shouldn't have to justify the desire to own a gun.
You shouldn't have to justify anything here that does not harm
others. My gun has never killed or harmed another person. I own it
legally and I shouldn't have to tell you why. I own many things that
I don't "need" but i still have them. I have some kitchen knives that
could kill someone but I don't have to register those.

Oh and byt he way assult rifles are illegal. The definition of an
assault rifle keeps changing bbut any fully automatic machine gun has
been illegal since 1934 here. To me that's more than enough
regulation but sadly there are plenty of other laws. The liberal
dip****s don't care about helping people they only care about passing
useless laws to make it look like they are doing something important
when they are doing nothing. In California, the gun control laws are
aimed at the apperance of the gun. They don't want someone to be shot
with something that looks scary. In the mean tim ethey are making
prison sentences shorter and letting a lot more murderers go free.
Yep it's the guns fault not the person that did the act. hey maybe
gun is out robbing a bank right now without me even knowing it.

Nope, blame a system which allows someone who is under treatment for
depression yet can walk up to the counter in a gunshop, slap down a
credit card and walk out with a pistol and ammunition...no check, no
wait...

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Huh? Not in any state I've lived in....some gun shows, maybe but not at
gun shops...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
[...]

The scenario you state isn't possible. The federal government mandates a
wait and background check. But what difference does it make. He could walk
into any of a thousand sectors of virtually any city in the country and walk
out with a handgun that's not traceable to anyone. And he'll probably pay a
fraction for it compared with the legally-obtained one.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
OzOne wrote:
[...]

Gun shows are regulated by the same laws as gun dealers. More to the point,
the vast majority of sellers at gun shows ARE gun dealers. They have to
have FFLs and are bound by state and federal laws.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 17 Apr 2007 16:03:25 -0700, Bill
scribbled thusly:

Nope, blame a system which allows someone who is under treatment for
depression yet can walk up to the counter in a gunshop, slap down a
credit card and walk out with a pistol and ammunition...no check, no
wait...

Doesn't work that way. People under treatment for severe psychiactric
treatment are not allowed to purchase firearms. Handguns have a
mandatory waiting list and non-residents can't buy them anyways. And
everyone is suppossed to get checked.

Yes, I did say "effective" gun control.

"uthorities found a receipt for a Glock 9 millimetre handgun, bought
last month, in Cho's backpack which also contained two knives and a
cache of bullets, ABC reported.

He bought his second weapon, a .22 calibre pistol, within the last
week.

According to the AP news agency, Cho walked into a Virginia gun shop,
put down a credit card and walked out with a Glock and a box of
ammunition. He paid $US571 ($687).

I'm not buying any of that. Federal law requires a background check and a
waiting period for same. This smacks of liberal media distortion of the
facts.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:51:59 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message ...

[...]

Can you explain how this person under treatment for depression managed
to buy a gun from a gunshop if your system works?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Becasue the liberals passed the HIPPA (Hralth Insurance Portability and
Protection Act) laaws which disallow any release of medical information
if not specifically permitted by the patient...to release medical
information without the express permission of the subject is a breach of
privacy under this act and is prosecutable...hey...the libs wrote
it...talk to them...kid should have been in an institution...libs got
rid of those too so the mentally ill could mainstream with the rest of
society...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article . net,
Maxprop wrote:
Gun shows are regulated by the same laws as gun dealers. More to the point,
the vast majority of sellers at gun shows ARE gun dealers. They have to
have FFLs and are bound by state and federal laws.

Not that I'm using my last experience at a gun show to make the claim
that this is common place, but I had three dealers offer to sell me a
Dan Wesson without a waiting period.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
katy wrote:
Becasue the liberals passed the HIPPA (Hralth Insurance Portability and
Protection Act) laaws which disallow any release of medical information
if not specifically permitted by the patient...to release medical
information without the express permission of the subject is a breach of
privacy under this act and is prosecutable...hey...the libs wrote
it...talk to them...kid should have been in an institution...libs got
rid of those too so the mentally ill could mainstream with the rest of
society...

Ah, the liberals. Ok, so then what you're really saying is that the
Federal law is toothless.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com